King Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to King Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Amandaf   Herper01   Exonic   Exonic  

Member  Message

Amandaf
View Profile

Help! My Speckled won’t eat!

I captured a wild speckled kingsnake three days ago and he keeps refusing the crickets. There is no noticeable bulge anywhere on him, and I’m really worried. He’s just over a foot long, maybe 14 inches, and as I said, I’ve had him for three days. He let me hold him once. We feed him crickets about one and a half times the size of his head, or at least try to. I’ve tried leaving it in there, and I’ve tried using a pair of forceps. Nothing works. He is drinking, which i’m glad about. Is he maybe stressed? Or are mites a possibility? Please help!

05/30/16  10:16am

Herper01
View Profile

Message To: Amandaf   In reference to Message Id: 2318521

He’s not a lizard partner, he needs fuzzy mice for his size and you need booksss if you want to keep him and keep him well.

06/20/16  11:21pm

Exonic
View Profile

Sounds like you need to do a hell of a lot of research if you want to keep the kingsnake properly.

You are not meant to hold a snake in his/her first week of a new home, of course he’s stressed, I bet he’s going mad in there and he’s petrified

Don’t feed until he’s calm in around a week or so.
Don’t feed crickets, give him pinkies

11/24/16  05:01am

Exonic
View Profile

Sounds like you need to do a hell of a lot of research if you want to keep the kingsnake properly.

You are not meant to hold a snake in his/her first week of a new home, of course he’s stressed, I bet he’s going mad in there and he’s petrified

Don’t feed until he’s calm in around a week or so.
Don’t feed crickets, give him pinkies

Please go and buy some books and do research!!!!!!!

11/24/16  05:01am

Back to King Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area