King Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to King Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

C_menter   Cphill58   C_menter   C_menter   Cphill58  

Member  Message

C_menter
View Profile

Fat Florida King

I am a long time snake owner but this is my first Florida King (Ralph). I take him most everywhere I go and lately I’ve been getting told by many reptile owners that for his age (about one year) he is too large and may be obese. He is roughly three and a half feet long at the moment and I will admit, he seems a bit large around the middle portion compared to snakes I’ve had in the past. I have never powerfed him and he willingly eats five hoppers a week, all frozen of course.
I would like some advice as to if there is a way to tell if Ralph is being overfed, if he is obese, or if everyone around me is just going bonkers.

Thank you!

09/10/15  02:40am

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: C_menter   In reference to Message Id: 2314859

Fat Florida King

I have 2 Florida kings...love em.
One is a little fat due to feeding pink rabbits...The size of a small rat..the other would have none of that..so he gets rats only.

Personally I say let them eat. A little fat is better than a little thin. Try increasing the size of the rodent and feeding fewer items. And still allowing the snake to feel full. A small rat...or a weaning rat ...or a full size mouse.

Cheers

09/16/15  01:35pm

C_menter
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2314908

Fat Florida King

Thank you so much! I will try that next time he eats! I would post some photos of him but I can’t quite figure out how!

09/18/15  01:45pm

C_menter
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2314908

Fat Florida King

Just wondering, how does one post photos on here? It seems like I can’t get mine posted!

09/21/15  03:25pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: C_menter   In reference to Message Id: 2314971

Fat Florida King

the server is so antiquated the photo tools dont work

I load my photos to photobucket ...free... create an album .
then I click on the picture I want to load and copy and paste the IMG /URL

I paste that link into the message box...when I preview the message, if I did it right , the photo will appear.

09/24/15  10:31am

Back to King Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area