Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

King Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to King Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Member  Message

Sierheartless
View Profile

I need some help with a couple snakes!

The first is my California king. it is still young, under a year and about 15 inches long. If that. It has started acting really aggressively. I can’t even open the tank without being snapped at a few times. He is handled regularly, and has plenty of hides, water, and heat. It’s always been a bit nervous about being picked up and usually poops on me but has never bit me prior to this. He eats twice a week, a pinkie and then a fuzzie. It’s even started striking violently at its food. Biting and throwing it a few times before eating. More often than not it’s hitting the walls of the tank. I’m not sure what’s up with this sudden change of attitude.

The second is a nelsons milk snake that has yet to eat. I don’t think it has ever eaten. I have tried braining, anole scenting, tuna eventing, frozen, live, fresh killed, its been cupped and bagged, cooled down and warmed back up a few weeks later. attempted assist feeds, tease feeds, force feeding, nothing stays down. At this point it’s being fed with a syringe. I believe it’s between 8 and 12 weeks old. I’m a bit worried about it.

11/24/14  02:38pm

Back to King Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area