King Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to King Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Salatier   Cphill58   Salatier  

Member  Message

Salatier
View Profile

Kingsnake sitting in his shed?

Hey all, I’m pretty inactive on this site, used to be active on the BP forum when I was studying up to buy one. This problem, however, is about a king snake that I’m taking care of for a school my dad teaches at. I was holding it for the school over the summer and they don’t want him back for another week, unimportant so I’ll move on.
The snake was getting ready to shed, has been healthy since he was hatched and still is, but for some reason after this shed, instead of shedding normally, he just lay in the skin. It was fully detached from him, looked like he was going to slide right out, but he didn’t. I assumed he was just being strange, didn’t think much of it, but today (he shed yesterday) I was going to take the skin out of the tank when I noticed he was still in it. Thought it was weird but also thought best to leave him be for now. Just got home from school and he was STILL in the shed so I decided to pick him up and, like I assumed he would, he just slithered out and is now acting normal again, in his hide.
I’ve NEVER heard of this happening, and couldn’t find anything on google. Should I be worried?

Sorry for the wall of text, I tend to write too much haha... Thanks in advance,
Tom

09/13/13  03:04pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Salatier   In reference to Message Id: 2301087

Nothing to be worried about ...maybe add some misting of the cage to wet things down a bit and add humidity during the shedding process. 2 rocks placed together or a brick with rough surface may be all that is needed to aid the shedding.

Never hurts to be too descriptive, so many lack the ability.

Chris

09/30/13  02:44am

Salatier
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2301426

Good to hear, thanks :) The snake is now back at the school and is apparently doing fine.

10/02/13  07:39pm

Back to King Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area