King Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to King Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Trabash   Trabash   Trabash   Apalazzo  

Member  Message

Trabash
View Profile

Age and color of my Cali king

This is my first snake, Selene. I am totally in love with her. I bought her from a PetsMart which I don’t generally believe in supporting but she had been there nearly a year and it seems clear no one was going to buy her. She stole my heart and I couldn’t bear to see her growing and growing in this small tank. So home she came! I couldn’t be happier! I am wondering a couple of things, any guess on how old she might be? Also, I am wondering what her color pattern would be classified as.

She is dark brown, not as black as she seems in the pictures and definitely a yellow color. Not white at all. I know she is striped as apposed to banded but is she hypo striped? Coastal phased? I am so curious as to how experts would classify her pattern. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

06/06/13  11:05pm

Trabash
View Profile

Message To: Trabash   In reference to Message Id: 2298275

06/06/13  11:17pm

Trabash
View Profile

Message To: Trabash   In reference to Message Id: 2298276

Figured out how to actually post pictures! Here she is again.

06/06/13  11:19pm

Apalazzo
View Profile

Message To: Trabash   In reference to Message Id: 2298277

This is a bad picture of mine but mine I was told by a breeder is a hypo. She is also from Petsmart. And Like you I felt bad for how long she was there along with how big she was compared to her tank size.

[URL=http://s1052.photobucket.com/user/apalazzo1/media/CAM00995-1_zpsfc02f10b.jpg.html]

[/URL]

07/23/14  07:21pm

Back to King Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area