King Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to King Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Cottonmouthking:)/   Peter54   Zaothefloridaking  

Member  Message

Cottonmouthking:)/
View Profile

Some thing is wrong with my snake

ok i know i shouldent but i have but i have been feeding him in his cage and he has been acting really weird, today i put a mouse in for him and usually a few minutes later he is eating it, well he has ignored it and i went to open the top to bring the mouse to him and try to get him to eat it, and he struck upwards at me and now is zooming around the cage angry as hamster brain

05/20/13  02:48pm

Peter54
View Profile

Message To: Cottonmouthking:)/   In reference to Message Id: 2297530

Feeding in the cage or not is not a rule, but a matter of opinion. I don’t think your problem has anything whatsoever to do with the fact that you’ve been feeding your snake in the cage. Something else is bothering your snake, but it’s hard to determine what without further info.

I’ve been feeding all my snakes in their cages for over 40 years, except for newly hatched young. I have never had any problem with this method. However I do put the food in a plastic container of some sort.

05/30/13  01:36am

Zaothefloridaking
View Profile

Message To: Cottonmouthking:)/   In reference to Message Id: 2297530

I occasionally feed my snake in its cage when I have other snakes to feed and feeding in cage isn’t usually a problem. Like you said about your snake striking upwards at you, my snake does this a lot as a sign of trying to get the mouse when it is unable to strike correctly. I usually lure the snake to a lower level so that it can strike at its food without being a threat to me. The reason that your snake probably streams angrily around the cage is because he/she is in feeding mode and is ready to strike at what you have presented to it. I would suggest surprising the snake when it’s on a lower level and hold the food next to/in front of him, instead of above him. You shouldn’t have further problems afterwards. However if you do have further trouble or I didn’t get the problem please let me know.

07/02/13  11:11am

Back to King Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area