King Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to King Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

OreoBaby   Cphill58   Peter54   Peter54   OreoBaby  

Member  Message

OreoBaby
View Profile

Cali snake’s digestion time?

I have a one year old Cali snake who is a little small for her age. Fed her a pinkie two days ago. Before, you could’t even tell she had eaten within 36 hours. This time it still shows as a lump in her tummy two ays later, though it is much noticeably smaller than yesterday. Did she digest incredibly fast before or is she digesting slow this time?

05/14/13  07:14am

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: OreoBaby   In reference to Message Id: 2297278

16" long and a year old ...feed 2 pinkies ...maybe 3 or 4

Or jump up to the next size and feed fuzzies ...try a hopper. You would be surprised how much they can and will eat.

I have a clutch of corn snakes that will be 1 year this July...they pound hopper mice with ease.

You need to increase the diet this time of year , it is the growing season and your snake will appreciate it.

They take roughly 5-7 days to pass the food item.

05/15/13  12:42pm

Peter54
View Profile

A one year old cali at 16 inches is very small, obviously because it’s been on pinkies. However, it should be able to take a fuzzy mouse or even a popcorn.

I just took over a one year old cali from a shop that had gone bankrupt and this little cali was like yours, about 16-17 inches long, about the size my cali hatchlings are at 3 months.

I started to feed it a fuzzy mouse every 5 days and after 6 weeks it takes two popcorn mice every week. Digestion time usually is 2 or 3 days. If it doesn’t digest in that time, temp is probably too low or the snake has a intestinal condition.

05/30/13  02:07am

Peter54
View Profile

A one year old cali at 16 inches is very small, obviously because it’s been on pinkies. However, it should be able to take a fuzzy mouse or even a popcorn (hopper).

I just took over a one year old cali from a shop that had gone bankrupt and this little cali was like yours, about 16-17 inches long, about the size my cali hatchlings are at 3 months.

I started to feed it a fuzzy mouse every 5 days and after 6 weeks it takes two popcorn mice every week. Digestion time usually is 2 or 3 days. If it doesn’t digest in that time, temp is probably too low or the snake has a intestinal condition.

05/30/13  02:08am

OreoBaby
View Profile

Message To: Peter54   In reference to Message Id: 2297916

Thank ya’ll very much. I will change the amount and up the size as soon as possible.

06/19/13  10:26pm

Back to King Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area