Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

King Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to King Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Cottonmouthking:)/   Cottonmouthking:)/   Peter54   Cottonmouthking:)/   Peter54  

Member  Message

Cottonmouthking:)/
View Profile

Help with handeling bannana king

Ok so I got my first snake a few weeks ago, bannana king snake. I help him a few times but then I fed him and didin’t want to for a few days like a read on here. Then he began shedding, still is actually, prob almost done. I’m a little nervous on how to approach him in his tank, I don’t want to stress him and I don’t want to scare him and yea don’t want to get bit, can I have some tips on how to Handel him a little bit better. When I did how him be def wanted to get away and since he started shedding he has been supper jumpy.. Please help

04/21/13  12:17pm

View Profile

Message To: Cottonmouthking:)/   In reference to Message Id: 2296003

Help with handling banana king

OK so it really defeats the point if you read my post and don’t offer some type of suggesting insight to my dilemma . Isn’t this why people post things in the first place??

04/27/13  10:48pm

Peter54
View Profile

Message To: Cottonmouthking:)/   In reference to Message Id: 2296003

English is not my first languge and maybe that’s the reason why I don’t really understand your post. Exactly what is your question here?

How big/old is this kingsnake of yours? Juvenile kingsnakes are always very sciddish and should not be kept in large tanks since that seems to get the snake even more nervous and scared. handle with care. If you feel unsure, use gloves.

04/28/13  11:08am

View Profile

Message To: Peter54   In reference to Message Id: 2296425

I be alive he or she is about 2 years old and a out 3ft long, my question is how to approach him to handle... I know when I go in I rub is body for a second to let him know that I am there but then he starts to move away instantly, I don’t want to stress him but want to handle him on a regular basis... I put a shirt in there for him to get accustom to my scent, I prob should try gloves and give it a shot.. Also it’s hard to get him in an open area in order to be a me to pick him up, he has a lot going on in his tank I will try to size a picture to post

04/28/13  03:19pm

Peter54
View Profile

Message To: Cottonmouthking:)/   In reference to Message Id: 2296444

Best way is to be very patient and wait the snake out by opening up the tank and let the snake come out into your hands rather than you just grabbing it.

Most snakes will react negatively to hand touching when they are still on the ground. I’d suggest a snake hook instead to signal that something is going on.

04/29/13  01:41pm

Back to King Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area