King Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to King Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Sandboaking   KeepYourSky   Sandboaking  

Member  Message

Sandboaking
View Profile

Is he just plain dumb?

I got this az mount king last year and he’s just a mess. He won’t eat frozen or prekilled, but he doesn’t seem to wrap live all that well. He’s over 2.5 feet and eating pinks or fuzzies because if you give him a hopper he’ll wrestle it for a while and just give up. So, obviously he’s smaller than he could be. Has anybody noticed anything odd about arizonas? It almost seems like he’s too stiff to wrap the right way.

04/18/13  03:12pm

KeepYourSky
View Profile

Message To: Sandboaking   In reference to Message Id: 2295873

Is he just plain dumb?

I’d take him to a vet just to be sure, it’s possible there’s an underlying issue (what, I don’t know). Perhaps an addition of a vitamin supplement to the food would not go amiss. While snakes typically don’t need it, it may help since he won’t take larget food.

How are you feeding him the frozen/prekilled? Some snakes like it to wiggle in front of them, but others prefer that you just leave it in there overnight. Sometimes my MBK would want to hunt, back when she was on papertowels she wouldn’t eat right away, so I’d hide it in the tank and once she "hunted" down the f/t mouse she’d eat.

04/18/13  04:40pm

Sandboaking
View Profile

Message To: KeepYourSky   In reference to Message Id: 2295879

Is he just plain dumb?

Oh I tried pretty much everything. The guy I got him from told me he wouldn’t take anything but live, so I tried a bunch of different things and I finally settled on giving him a live hopper. He jumped right on it and wrestled with it, he really didn’t wrap and it just started chewing him and he wouldn’t let go of the mouse. So, after 6 months he’s still picky as all get out.

04/18/13  07:16pm

Back to King Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area