Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

King Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to King Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Toomuch   Sandboaking   Valentinas Daddy   Jacdore   Jacdore   Cphill58   Toomuch  

Member  Message

Toomuch
View Profile

New snake owner

Hi everyone.
My name is Eric and I live in Prescott Arizona. I got my red brooks kingsnake, Evren, for my birthday in August 2012. He is so much fun. He is an aggressive feeder, it is a lot of fun watching him eat. He was about foot long when I got him nd now he is over 2 feet. he is as long as his 10 gallon tank and I am going to move him to a 30 gallon tank soon. I feed him three times a week. sunday and friday he gets a thawed fuzzy and wednesday he gets a live hopper and another thawed fuzzy. He has always been a healthy eater. the only times he won’t eat is when he is shedding . I am lucky that he has never musked on me. he has bitten me twice but it didnt hurt at all, kind of felt like sandpaper. he will strike at me and rattle his tail if he is annoyed. When I pick him up there are no problems. He is so much fun to raise I would like some more snakes but my landlord will only let me have one.

12/29/12  12:35am

Sandboaking
View Profile

Message To: Toomuch   In reference to Message Id: 2288426

New snake owner

Lol those brooks can really have attitudes! You really don’t have to feed him that much though, but that’s your call.

12/30/12  12:33am

Valentinas Daddy
View Profile

Message To: Sandboaking   In reference to Message Id: 2288484

New snake owner

What is a hopper? What is musking?

01/03/13  02:11pm

Jacdore
View Profile

Message To: Valentinas Daddy   In reference to Message Id: 2288775

New snake owner

im new to snakes too, yes what is musking???? Nice to meet another newbie. I’m Ju

01/07/13  01:15pm

Jacdore
View Profile

Message To: Jacdore   In reference to Message Id: 2289036

New snake owner

Just read up on it, its like a wee/poo on ya and apparantly it stinks. Im used to smells of our bearded dragons dumping so guess its alot like that as thats bad. Says they stop when they get used to you. Mine hasnt done yet but only had 2 days, lol lol

01/07/13  01:19pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Jacdore   In reference to Message Id: 2289037

New snake owner

Congrats on the Brooksi/ Brooks / florida

I have 2 (normal brooks and Hypo brooks)and they are awesome and now over 4’ long...fat as a paper towel roll. They eat rats and rabbits. The rats are mediums and the rabbits are Pink that die due to poor mothering, they are as big as a medium rat as well. they LOVE EM...

Very aggressive feeding response and they wrap as many coils as possible over the prey. They always amaze me and I never tire of them. Only get bit when they mistake me for the food in the excitement. couple of times in 3 years....lol

After being bitten by a Reticulated python @ 9’ long the king snakes don’t even scare me.

If you want to see pics...I have posted them here many times over ...search my user name in the forum using the SEARCH THE FORUMS feature in the FORUMS PAGE ...UP TOP IN BRIGHT GREEN

Or I can post them again

01/07/13  11:11pm

Toomuch
View Profile

Message To: Valentinas Daddy   In reference to Message Id: 2288775

New snake owner

A hopper is a young mouse whose eyes have opened. They are still pretty small.

01/14/13  01:35am

Back to King Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area