King Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to King Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Fable   Peter54   Mikeybo2004   RossCA   Philosopher  

Member  Message

Fable
View Profile

Help!!

When i run my hand along the outside of my baby king snakes tank he follows it, but something about the way he does it seems aggressive.
is this a bad thing and what does it mean?

09/23/12  09:47am

Peter54
View Profile

Message To: Fable   In reference to Message Id: 2281190

Help!!

Is this for real? You should never do anything like that to any caged animal, not even a fish. The snake is of course threatened by your finger/hand and thinks it’s a predator that will try to eat him/her.

09/25/12  02:32am

Mikeybo2004
View Profile

Message To: Peter54   In reference to Message Id: 2281343

Help!!

He should be OK. That is just a normal reaction. Just handle him once every couple days and he will get used to you being around.

09/25/12  06:20am

RossCA
View Profile

Message To: Mikeybo2004   In reference to Message Id: 2281345

Help!!

OMG, 2 people in a row don’t even know what they are talking about. LOL I’m not trying to be a smart , just trying to be funny here. Obviously if the snake is "fallowing" your movements, he’s hungry. That is a fact. If he qoild up and started striking, he’d feel threatened by you.

09/30/12  08:33pm

Philosopher
View Profile

Message To: RossCA   In reference to Message Id: 2281757

Help!!

lets be fair here, it may be a feeding behavioral mechanism could be defensive or maybe it is the way snakes see. infrared is their system of adaption they are like a missile the way they see is like a target acquisition device in other words they sense something warmer then them and lock on than fire so to speak. good luck it is very normal. feed in a separate area or the snake sees your hand as food when it enters the cage it is warm and after all this is their kitchen so it’s natural for an animal to attack if they have been trained to expect food involvement when he bites don’t pull away or you can hurt him by ripping his teeth out just wait until he lets go or run his head under a light stream of luke warm water not hot.

11/12/15  07:54pm

Back to King Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area