Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Insects Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Insects Forum

Leah_Lizard   ThatGuyImTheShadows   Leah_Lizard   ThatGuyImTheShadows   Leah_Lizard   ThatGuyImTheShadows   Ellron  
 Member  Message

Leah_Lizard
View Profile

Looking for cool bug

i want a pet bug to go in my 10 gal. tank. my mom said no millipedes or tarantulas and hissing roaches are illegal in florida. what’s left?

08/09/08  04:20pm

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: Leah_Lizard   In reference to Message Id: 1825131

Looking for cool bug

Hmmm....Centipedes, Scorpions, Tailess Whip Scorpions(Cave Spider), Trap Door Spiders(not tarantulas..Lmao), Praying Mantis(I have one, they are very cool). You should defiantly try and get your mom to warm up to a Tarantula, I have one and they are very very cool. Quiet and low maintence. :) Good luck choosing and I hope I helped! :)

Mike...

08/12/08  04:40pm

Leah_Lizard
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1828603

Looking for cool bug

believe me i’ve trie she thouroughly hates them, it’s too bad because i hate spiders but i love tarantulas. maybe it’s because they’re bigger i don’t know and i don’t like centipedes, she’d probably let me have a praying mantis if i could find one. scorpions are a definite no way! she not fond of the whole stinger thing. she said i could get a lizard though

08/12/08  08:56pm

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: Leah_Lizard   In reference to Message Id: 1828894

Looking for cool bug

Aw...hahaha...There are plenty of online sites that sell very pretty mantids.. Also, a leopard gecko is a great lizard. A 10 gallon is fine for one too. :)

Mike...

08/13/08  02:22am

Leah_Lizard
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1829203

Looking for cool bug

i think i’m looking for someting that doesn’t require that much care because i’m hoping my mom will let me get a chihuahua in a few years.

08/19/08  03:12pm

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: Leah_Lizard   In reference to Message Id: 1836194

Looking for cool bug

Ohh ok....Alot of incest pets out there are pretty low maintance, but keep looking. Im sure youll find one. Lol..

Mike...

08/19/08  08:22pm

Ellron
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1836570

Looking for cool bug

Ok. The best low maitanence pet is a Praying Mantis. These are fun to watch, easy to tame, and thier diet is easy to handle. Be sure not to put babies in the ten gallon, put them in a small container, untill they are 2 to 6 inches long. Then put them in the ten gallon.

DIET

Babies: Pinhead Crickets, Aphids, Wingless fruit flies ect.
Adult: Up to three times the praying mantis’ size. I have seen one tackle a rat, hummingbird, snake ect.
But as a general rule, feed them crickets, catipliars, ect.

Do not feed them the same diet their whole life. They need nutrition. change it up. Plus, how boring would it be to eat one thing your whole life.

04/02/09  08:32pm

Back to Insects Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area