Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Insects Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Insects Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Hibi   Razeraze   Clawedfrogsrule   Hibi   Razeraze   Plmarsg8   John_jb   Leira   Exotics_maniac   Leira   Mr.Hankey   Anole90   Jimbe   Clawedfrogsrule   Jimbe   Jimbe   Robchops   Joossa   Houdina mom   Jimbe   Kelshay   Clawedfrogsrule   Mampam   MissSkyTheGecko   Animal-luver2   Robchops   Hematoma   Kg28   JackAsp   Reptile dude007  
Pages 1 2 3 Next

Member  Message

Hibi
View Profile

What is the bug that freakís you out the most!

I was just wondering what bugs make others squeamish. Mine is the centipede, or his relative the millipedes. What an awful creature. Whatever they are here for is a wonder for me. The ones here in my house have like an arrow on front of their heads. Every morning before showering I shake my towels out to make sure anything on them falls off before I use them. The last time something fell on the floor of the tub from the towel I used for my hair, I could not be sure of what it was cause I wear glasses, but not in shower. So I heard it fall out of towel and could see a black spot in tub with me, Exit stage left! It was a big black hairy wood spider. So whats yours?

10/17/06  01:50pm

Razeraze
View Profile

Message To: Hibi   In reference to Message Id: 1025509

the human bot fly dermotobia hominis.Link

10/17/06  02:00pm

Clawedfrogsrule
View Profile

Message To: Razeraze   In reference to Message Id: 1025518

OMG that was pretty graphic!
anyway...I know itís not an insect but spiders still freak me out, doesnít matter what size, if I see one near me I freak. Theyíre like the only reason Iíd be afraid of going to Austrailia or New Zealand, theyíre huge and they get in your house (or so Iíve heard).

10/17/06  08:22pm

Hibi
View Profile

Oh yea, I forgot about him! I saw that on a medical show where they took one out of a womans head!

10/17/06  10:46pm

Razeraze
View Profile

Message To: Hibi   In reference to Message Id: 1026233

yeah things growing inside me and burrowing out, creep me out to no end.

10/18/06  12:23am

Plmarsg8
View Profile

Message To: Razeraze   In reference to Message Id: 1026360

I thought I could stand alot of things before I saw that picture*shiver*

10/18/06  09:12pm

John_jb
View Profile

bot flys are horrible!! you heard of sand wasps? any way the one that freaks me out the most would have to be a hairy dessert scorpion i have on as a pet (itís wild collected). iím fine to look at it but then there are sometimes were i have no choice but to handle it. that thing is vishious! it stung me twice before and KILLED!!!!!!!! it was a painfull burning sencasion it wasnít one that would only hurt if you touched it, itís heart for ages!! non-stop, for 3 whole days!

-john_jb-

10/19/06  02:38pm

Leira
View Profile

Message To: John_jb   In reference to Message Id: 1028101

I canít stand CAmel Crickets. Itís their legs that freak me out. ANd their backs...One cornered me in the basement. I was SCREAMING! They jump too high, to far. Those regular black crickets, I can deal with...Even roaches are not a problem for me, and grubs are awesome, and L love the cicadas, but CAMEL crickets are so freaky! I hate just the tought of them!

12/03/06  03:14pm

Exotics_maniac
View Profile

Message To: Leira   In reference to Message Id: 1081668

I can take some pretty nasty looking bugs but the ones that really freak me out are parasitic worms, like from dogs, and Tun nun nun!!!! THE DREADED TICS THOSE THINGS ARE SCARY!!!!!!

01/05/07  08:22pm

Leira
View Profile

Message To: Exotics_maniac   In reference to Message Id: 1121217

I actualy have no problem with tics...I had a bunch of them on my pants after exploring in a forest. My friend Jazz got one in her leg. I have to admit, it was cool. I had one on my thy before...I picked it off, and itís little legs were just a-wigllin! I crushed him...
Well, to make my mom feel better, I did some research on lyme desease...I never did get it...WEE!

01/08/07  04:48pm

Mr.Hankey
View Profile

yeah bot fly r horrid

08/06/07  01:15am

Anole90
View Profile

Message To: Mr.Hankey   In reference to Message Id: 1390488

believe it or not but i hate slugs. there are so gross and slimy. i just cant stand looking at them. one night i went out and i dropped something and i bent down to pick it up and it was so dark i could barely see my hand by mistake i grabbed one and i almost had a heart attack.

08/06/07  02:10pm

Jimbe
View Profile

Message To: Anole90   In reference to Message Id: 1391176

I love slugs, caterpillas, snails and all that. I donít mind spiders only the huge ones with long legs creep me out. Iím only afraid of big bug that fly, as I discovered last night wen a Daddy Long-legs (as we call them in Britain) annoyed me soo much i had to get my Big Automatic Machine BB gun and wiat for it to land somewhere in my room then i poked the gun at it and boom! it was no where to be seen until next morning i found it dead right beside me and my cat purring lol my cat likes killing them. And I also like roaches and iím gonna breed loads :)

08/06/07  04:39pm

Clawedfrogsrule
View Profile

Message To: Jimbe   In reference to Message Id: 1391383

lol, in the US a daddy long legs is more of a spider (technically not a spider since it only has one body section instead of two, but I donít know what theyíre classified as, definately not a fly though)
I love caterpillars too :)

08/06/07  04:47pm

Jimbe
View Profile

Message To: Clawedfrogsrule   In reference to Message Id: 1391392

daddy long legs here have long legs that are very fragile, they fly around with their legs swinging around everywhere and they smash into everything and they are soo anoyin, they look kinda like mosquitos, some (i think males) have a spike on their butt, Iíll see if I can find the real name...

08/07/07  11:07am

Jimbe
View Profile

Message To: Jimbe   In reference to Message Id: 1392486

Heres a pic, I think its called a Cranefly, but most people here call them daddy long legs

08/07/07  11:11am

Robchops
View Profile

Message To: Jimbe   In reference to Message Id: 1392490

My Brother... because he is also BUGgin me. Lame or extremely lame, you decide. Lol no but seriously i love bugs, insects, arachnids, all that fun stuff. I am not FREAKED out by any of those, but i could definitely do without mosquitos, i hate them soo much... why did noah have to bring two mosquitos on his ark... WHY!?!? LOL
Just my two cents.
Robb

08/07/07  02:56pm

Joossa
View Profile

Message To: Robchops   In reference to Message Id: 1392793

I canít handle house centipedes, crickets, or fuzzy moths.

08/07/07  03:36pm

Houdina mom
View Profile

Message To: Jimbe   In reference to Message Id: 1392486

Thatís not a Daddy long legs! D L Ls donít have wings and they have 8 legs.

08/08/07  04:26pm

Jimbe
View Profile

Message To: Houdina mom   In reference to Message Id: 1394578

In england they do lol
in america i know theyíre spiders

08/08/07  08:02pm

Kelshay
View Profile

Message To: Jimbe   In reference to Message Id: 1394888

ye over here daddy long legs are bumbling noisy flyers that crash into everything,awful bugs,feels awful when they fly into you aswell. horrible critters!

08/09/07  07:21am

Clawedfrogsrule
View Profile

Message To: Kelshay   In reference to Message Id: 1395405

lol, glad we donít have those over here :)

08/09/07  05:01pm

Mampam
View Profile

1st of all, those pics were nasty!!!!!!!!

2nd, the only real animal that freaks me out is the cockroach
expecially the large ones!!!!! but any roach over an inch usually
does it.

i dont have a phobia, i understand them, and i like them, but i dont like them
anywhere near me!!!

but i will jump if they catch me off gaurd, or get near me

my friend told me that once, at his old house, all of a sudden, hundreds of roaches came
from every holes in his house!!!!!!!!!!!

i would most certainly die!!!!!!!!!!

08/10/07  08:59am

MissSkyTheGecko
View Profile

Message To: Mampam   In reference to Message Id: 1397197

I never come on this forum lol
But the only kind of bug that actually freaks me out are mosquitoes...I guess itís not so much them itís mostly the fear of getting parasites from them...plus theyíre just annoying lol.

Quote:

yeah things growing inside me and burrowing out, creep me out to no end.

I couldnít agree with you more! I actually have a terrible phobia of things living in my body...ugh that show on Animal Planet, "Eaten Alive", I really shouldnít watch it but I do and Iím so scared to travel anywhere! Every time my mom makes steak if itís even a little weird looking, or rare, I put it in the microwave until itís a brick lol. My cat (RIP Kiki) threw up some kind of tape worm one time...I was FREAKING out because I shared food with her and I was so worried that I had one too. I got so sick when I saw that. I couldnít even look at the spot she threw up in for days. I told my mom to burn the tapeworm but she just laughed lol. And that bot fly...Iíve never seen one in someoneís EYE! Iíd probably freak out and gouge out my eye before I even got to a doctor knowing that something like that was in there...ehhh now Iíve got goose bumps lol. I was in at work a couple weeks ago, itís an animal farm/petting zoo, and I went to the bathroom...darn honey bucket...but anyway on the floor I notice a bug crawling and I thought it was this one kind of beetle that I like that shows up every year...got a closer look...it was a tic...Iím not one to kill bugs for no reason especially if theyíre outside (I put spiders in my room, they kill the mosquitoes so I donít have to) but come on...a tic in the bathroom! I killed it...now Iím just going on and on lol

08/12/07  03:08am

Animal-luver2
View Profile

Message To: Robchops   In reference to Message Id: 1392793

noah didnt put them on the ark, God did.Noah made the ark, God sent the miracle,then the animals started pouring in.

08/19/07  12:05pm

Robchops
View Profile

Message To: Animal-luver2   In reference to Message Id: 1409640

lol sorry its from a comedian not me, I was just hoping to get a few laughs out of it.

Rob

08/21/07  09:49am

Hematoma
View Profile

Message To: Robchops   In reference to Message Id: 1412635

mine isnt a bug but corticept go look it up on youtube

08/21/07  07:35pm

Kg28
View Profile

The ones that freak me out are centipedes.

08/26/07  02:58am

JackAsp
View Profile

Message To: Kg28   In reference to Message Id: 1419606

I once had a stray cat that Iíd just taken in throw up live, sqirming worms, and that was pretty thoroughly horrible to see. Some of it is just the sympathy factor, but some of it was just flatout horror.

I used to have a thing about spiders, although I know I didnít always because I remember catching them by hand for anoles when I was litle, and Iíve never been bitten by one, but at some point I started not wanting them on me. Then one day I was reading a book and a spider crawled on it and without even thinking I just moved it and kept reading, then realized Iíd forgotten to be afraid. Nowadays Iíll think twice if it might be big enough to bite me, but thatís not squeamishness, thatís just preferring not to be bitten.

Centipedes, Iíve never forgotten to be afraid of, though. Those things I will not touch.

I also wonít touch slugs. In fact, the reason I wonít touch leeches isnít even that Iím afriad theyíll suck my blood. Itís that they look like slugs.

Cockroaches used to freak me out, but when I decided to raise them I made myself handle them and get used to them. Now I think theyíre kind of cool, actually.

09/06/07  12:39am

Reptile dude007
View Profile

Message To: Jimbe   In reference to Message Id: 1392490

One thing dady long legs are a type of spider not a fly secend that is a miscito

09/29/07  04:11am

Pages 1 2 3 Next

Back to Insects Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area