Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Insects-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Insects-Keeping and Breeding Forum

Reptileman#1   Munit11   DragonPaw   Jarrad   Ben Flynn   13lizard13   Anguisfan   DragonPaw   Anguisfan   DragonPaw   Superwormbreeder   Dj8798   Reptilian15281  
 Member  Message

Reptileman#1
View Profile

~is it okkay to feed my iggy super worms~

i have a small iggy.I need to know if i can feed my iggy super worms.

08/22/06  11:50am

Munit11
View Profile

Message To: Reptileman#1   In reference to Message Id: 951345

i dont think so becuz ive heard that they will eat them inside out becuz they swallow them whole and dont chew and kill them

08/22/06  01:52pm

DragonPaw
View Profile

Message To: Munit11   In reference to Message Id: 951524

Do NOT feed the iguana any type of bug etc. as iguanas are completely herbivorous and cannot process the worm very well which can lead to death. Only feed greens.

08/23/06  06:06pm

Jarrad
View Profile

Message To: DragonPaw   In reference to Message Id: 953675

u can if u cut the heads of the super worms

08/27/06  12:33pm

Ben Flynn
View Profile

Message To: Jarrad   In reference to Message Id: 959245

no you cant feed iguanas anything but veggies and fruits it will kill them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09/01/06  02:44pm

13lizard13
View Profile

DO NOT FEED YOUR IGGY SUPERWORMS please any kind of animal protein will KILL your iggy althogh spiny tailed iggs sometimes eat bugg but that is not a spiny tailed igg from what it looks like that is a green iguana and they are strickly herbivors trust me i used to feed mine crickets he got sick and came close to dying

04/19/07  08:54pm

Anguisfan
View Profile

Message To: 13lizard13   In reference to Message Id: 1252781

IVE HEARD THAT WHEN YOUNG THEY CAN EAT SOME TIMES AN INSECT.

06/03/07  08:18am

DragonPaw
View Profile

Message To: Anguisfan   In reference to Message Id: 1303924

No, they cannot.

06/14/07  07:48pm

Anguisfan
View Profile

Message To: DragonPaw   In reference to Message Id: 1318789

But a herpetologist said that in nature,when juvies,rarely,will eat some insects.

06/16/07  03:31am

DragonPaw
View Profile

Message To: Anguisfan   In reference to Message Id: 1320562

Iguanas will eat insects if offered nothing else in captivity, but this does not mean it is good for them. Iguanas are not built to digest animal matter, only plant matter. Animal matter eaten by an iguana puts stress on its kidneys leading to kidney failure and an early death.

The herpetologist you are probably talking about said this:
"Very young iguanas are probably almost entirely insectivorous, but I have made no personal observations on their feeding habits."

People seem to only notice the first part of this sentence, and thus many people are mislead into believing that iguanas eat insects. Examination of iguanas’ intestines of all ages shows only plant matter. There is no proof that they eat insects in the wild except for by accident.

Read this site if you want anymore information: Link

06/16/07  03:43pm

Superwormbreeder
View Profile

Message To: Anguisfan   In reference to Message Id: 1320562

~is it okay to feed my iggy super worms~

NO!!! Don’t ever feed a iguana insects!
Iguana’s are not carnivorous, they are herbivores, Which means the only eat plants, veggies , and fruits.
only one specie likes insects and wont get killed by them. But from looking at your pictures, that is not that insect eating iguana.

06/27/07  04:25pm

Dj8798
View Profile

Message To: Superwormbreeder   In reference to Message Id: 1336512

~is it okay to feed my iggy super worms~

Quote:

i dont think so becuz ive heard that they will eat them inside out becuz they swallow them whole and dont chew and kill them

This is a myth im not saying to feed your iggy them because the other people are right they can not have any insects or they will die! They will not eat them inside out that is a mythLink Check this out if you dont believe me they say it is a myth. Read the WHOLE thread not just the beggining.

04/06/08  03:21pm

Reptilian15281
View Profile

feed crickets

05/03/09  09:55pm

Back to Insects-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area