Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Insects-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Log-In   Log-Out   Members Area  

Insects-Keeping and Breeding Forum

MINITORBOY   DragonPaw   Geckogirlemi   Reptile_dan   LeopardGek73   Ameivaboy   Loesrok   German giant lady   Rebecca Wright   BooByVu   BooByVu   Superwormbreeder   Kac352  
 Member  Message

MINITORBOY
View Profile

Calling all mealworm breeders

do any of you breeders know where i can buy mealworm beatless or can any one of you guys sell me some i want alot tell me how much you want for them and please dont say let them turn it takes to long and they always turn brown and die please sell me some i want a lot will pay good money

05/14/06  02:25AM

DragonPaw
View Profile

Message To: MINITORBOY   In reference to Message Id: 784943

You say the pupa turn brown? That is a sign that they will hatch into beetles soon, not that they are dead. They are dead when they become a black color. I doubt anyone will ship you their beetles when they are trying to raise them and baby mealworms. Best way, buy at least 1000 mealworms or 1500, or 2000, if you like, and go from there. There are always going to be deaths, but plenty enough will survive. Google "mealworm care sheet, and you will find tons of care sheets and opinions on how to raise them properly so they hatch and become beetles. It only takes about a few weeks for beetles to appear. I know you said not to say to let them become pupa then to beetle, but that is really the best way you will get beetles. Here is a pic of my mealworm care, and so far I have successfully found baby mealworms, so maybe these pics will give you some ideas. Just be patient with them; they will become pupa and then beetles if you are. Good luck anyway.

Beetle/pupa box on left, mealworm box on the right.

05/17/06  04:29PM

Geckogirlemi
View Profile

Message To: DragonPaw   In reference to Message Id: 790624

lol I COULD but I have NO Idea how mealworm beetles would be shipped and IF the USPS or dhl would ship them they might consider them pests.I will look into it and get back.

05/18/06  03:55PM

Reptile_dan
View Profile

Message To: Geckogirlemi   In reference to Message Id: 792321

I have more problem trying to stop mine turning into beetles, I have quite a few, but live in the U.K

06/13/06  03:47PM

LeopardGek73
View Profile

Message To: Reptile_dan   In reference to Message Id: 831747

And believe me there are mealies in there and it all started with 2,000 mealies. Goodluck!

09/25/06  03:17PM

Ameivaboy
View Profile

Message To: LeopardGek73   In reference to Message Id: 996737

iíll sell ya some beetles PM me if you still want some, but you do realize shipping is expensive right?í
itíd be easier and less costly to just be patient and let yours pupate on their own, try keeping them warmer if itís taking to long, the warmer and more well fed they are the quicker they will turn

10/05/06  02:13AM

Loesrok
View Profile

Message To: Ameivaboy   In reference to Message Id: 1010309

Its easy =3

mealies are easy to breed, dont buythem jsut wait for em to turn into em =3 its easy, jsut serparte teh pupas with teh beatles and mealies. u should get 3 tanks, one for mealies one for pupas and one for beatles, in teh beatleís cage u should put some fruit in thier so they can ley thier eggs, and put some oatmeal if they dont have food =D good luck

02/16/07  11:17PM

German giant lady
View Profile

I just went to my pet store and asked for the beetles. I got over 100 for free. I also have superworms and now i have over 1000 baby mealworms and superworms.
I found when the mealworms turn into pupas you need to remove them into a continer. the other mealworms that havent change yet will eat the pupas. Once everyone is beetles put them together

03/08/07  12:17PM

Rebecca Wright
View Profile

Message To: German giant lady   In reference to Message Id: 1201803

i didnt seperate mine at all... i ended up buying 2000 mealworms... fed off about 500 of em the rest turned to beatles and now i have a zillion baby mealworms... so tiny!!! they dont HAVE to be seperated... as long as you keep everyone fed and happy you should be fine

03/15/07  01:09AM

BooByVu
View Profile

HAHA buy them? dude its so easy....i only bought 50 mealworms from a baitshop and i got around 250 beatles and still got around 20 aliens more so...all you need is feed em! and keep em warm so....TRY IT!!!

04/15/07  04:44PM

BooByVu
View Profile

HAHA buy them? dude its so easy....i only bought 50 mealworms from a baitshop and i got around 25 beatles and still got around 20 aliens more so...all you need is feed em! and keep em warm so....TRY IT!!!

04/15/07  04:50PM

Superwormbreeder
View Profile

It is so easy to breed Meal worms, you just need to give them some time, you shouldnít buy them when you can just get 10 Meal worms and then when they become beetles you can end up with 50 baby meal worms!

06/27/07  05:38PM

Kac352
View Profile

hey i have 1,000 how many do you want

04/25/09  01:49AM

Back to Insects-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Log-In   Log-Out   Members Area