Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Insects-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Insects-Keeping and Breeding Forum

Wimmy   L-Burnt-l   Nappyballer1   Wimmy   Nappyballer1   Wimmy   Wimmy  
 Member  Message

Wimmy
View Profile

My silkworms are cocooning!! now what? lol

I bought some silk worms for my beardie, now i have about 8 cocoons in the tank i put their plastic container in, I want to move them so that i can clean it out and get it ready for their arival, and to see if i can get some eggs out of them...it is a very exciting time :) i have no idea what i am suppose to do....any insight would be awsome.
wimmy

08/09/05  07:21pm

L-Burnt-l
View Profile

Message To: Wimmy   In reference to Message Id: 435274

good luck dude or dudeet i’m having problems keeping my cacooned ones alive well meal worms so i dont know how that helps with silkies.

08/11/05  09:00pm

Nappyballer1
View Profile

Message To: L-Burnt-l   In reference to Message Id: 438202

once they cacoon wait for the moths to pop out and leave them together and watch them wait for a male to find a female and start to mate once u see them together put a plastic cup over them and just leave them a while and after a while a day or so u will see lemon yellow eggs afterthis u may want to waitalil longer to make sure she is done...once they lay the eggs wait for them to turn grayish black thenits ok to put them in the fridge untill u want to hatch them...i would put paper under them so u can colect the eggs easy they willprolly be stuck to the paper so u can just take the lil peice of paper with the eggs out...get back to me on this

08/22/05  06:42pm

Wimmy
View Profile

Message To: Nappyballer1   In reference to Message Id: 451426

I will thank for the info!! they have not imerged yet but hopefully soon, i will get back to you and thx again!!
wimmy

08/23/05  03:50am

Nappyballer1
View Profile

Message To: Wimmy   In reference to Message Id: 451957

Hey maybe once u get some eggs we can trade some eggs for some lobster roaches?

08/23/05  11:39am

Wimmy
View Profile

Message To: Nappyballer1   In reference to Message Id: 452207

1 MOTH!!!woooooooooo hoooooooooo!!! opened my box o’cocoons and poof a magical moth was sitting looking at me not sure if its male or female yet. Anyways i am hoping the rest will follow soon and eggs will start poping up...

About those lobster roaches...do beardies eat them? what is there nutrient value?...........................ttfn wimmy and felix

08/27/05  04:36am

Wimmy
View Profile

Message To: Nappyballer1   In reference to Message Id: 452207

1 MOTH!!!woooooooooo hoooooooooo!!! opened my box o’cocoons and poof a magical moth was sitting looking at me not sure if its male or female yet. Anyways i am hoping the rest will follow soon and eggs will start poping up...

About those lobster roaches...do beardies eat them? what is there nutrient value?...........................ttfn wimmy and felix

08/27/05  04:39am

Back to Insects-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area