Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Insects-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Insects-Keeping and Breeding Forum

Bearded Dragon Lover   Packer43064   Bearded Dragon Lover   Packer43064  
 Member  Message

Bearded Dragon Lover
View Profile

Breeding Supers...

Ok, i have the MAIN info on how to breed supers, but here is my question...I was reading about someone breeding mealworms (the Mealworm Beetles post) and i read that they leave the Mealworm eggs in the same bin (or thats what it soudned like) as the beetles and worms. I was told that I could change the bedding after a week and put it in a different container. Will this work too? Will the supers eat the eggs if i donít change the bedding? Thanks!

07/19/05  02:08am

Packer43064
View Profile

Message To: Bearded Dragon Lover   In reference to Message Id: 407583

Breeding Supers...

I leave me superworms eggs in the same container.

You mean like let the beetles lay eggs for a week and then dump the substrate into a new container. And then refill the old one, and do the same thing.

You could do that.

I didnít ever change the bedding, not sure if they ate the eggs though.

This is the best way of doing it. Ok you have the container with the substrate and everything, and then you put all of the beetles into that container. After a week is up you switch the beetles to a new container, and then after a week you switch again. And so on.

The eggs will be laid at the same time for each bin, so they will hatch at the same time. So you will lose very little eggs that way.

07/19/05  11:46am

Bearded Dragon Lover
View Profile

Message To: Packer43064   In reference to Message Id: 407786

Breeding Supers...

Thanks! I was also wondering, I donít have any film canasters...anything else that i can use to seperate them? Iíve been told a small fishing tackle box..but i donít have one of them either....lol

07/19/05  07:08pm

Packer43064
View Profile

Message To: Bearded Dragon Lover   In reference to Message Id: 408251

Breeding Supers...

I actually use the fising tackle box way. I donít like let 100 of them to morph though, just like 15 tops at a time.

Iíve heard that you can go to the crafts section in like walmart and get like a container that have diferent section. Itís suppose to be for like beads and stuff like that but will work for the superworms.

07/19/05  11:11pm

Back to Insects-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area