Insects-Keeping and Breeding Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Insects-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Schreechies   Rexxaroo   Schreechies   Rexxaroo  

Member  Message

Schreechies
View Profile

Anole diet consultation?

I have anoles, and a female long tailed lizard. 5 anoles, and 1 long tailed lizard to be exact.
Currently, I am feeding them:
*Crickets (small)
*Mealworms
*Waxworms.

Is this a good diet? Every week, I dust the food with calcium substrate, 3 days each week. The food is fed gut loaded diet stuff.

04/24/13  08:50pm

Rexxaroo
View Profile

Message To: Schreechies   In reference to Message Id: 2296239

Anole diet consultation?

Waxworms are very fatty and should be only given as a treat, or to sickly, unhealthy reptiles that need to gain weight.
Crickets and mealworms are fine. I would dust 4 times weekly instead of 3.

My mealworms are housed in an oatmeal/bran mix that is finely chopped with a food processor, and it is also mixed with calcium and multivitamin powder.
I offer them fresh apples, kale, and carrots every other day on a small plastic tray placed in the container so it doesn’t mold up the substrate.
I dust the worms themselves with multivitamin and calcium powder before feeding.

The crickets are offered the same thing, but were kept on paper towels when i was breeding them.
I have since stopped because of their smell.

Good Luck.

Rexx

04/25/13  03:45am

Schreechies
View Profile

Message To: Rexxaroo   In reference to Message Id: 2296263

Anole diet consultation?

Thanks. I only fed the waxworms cuz mine were a little skinny (couple of em) and then the rest were just treats.
Thanks again!

04/25/13  07:42pm

Rexxaroo
View Profile

Message To: Schreechies   In reference to Message Id: 2296297

Anole diet consultation?

No problem, just helping you out as you seem to be having some minor issues that can be easily fixed :) Just looking out for fellow reptiles, and keeping fellow reptile owners properly informed.
As i have stated many times before, i really insist you upgrade your enclosure and remove the grass lizard to its own enclosure.

Rexx

04/25/13  07:50pm

Back to Insects-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area