Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Insects-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Insects-Keeping and Breeding Forum

Kevin Langley   Tpau15   Kevin Langley   Leoman911   Suzuki4life  
 Member  Message

Kevin Langley
View Profile

Superworm HELP/myth

I’ve heard superworms will bite ur animals. well ik they bite but will they actaully do damage? because instead of feeding 30 mealies to my gecko i would like to feed 3 supers. and i dont wanna chop the heads off. thx

10/03/09  11:21pm

Tpau15
View Profile

Message To: Kevin Langley   In reference to Message Id: 2080038

Superworm HELP/myth

I would definitely chop the heads off the supers if you are going to feed them to your Leo. If you leave the heads intact the supers can actually "chew" through your Leo’s stomach or intestines and, of course, that would kill them. It’s dangerous not to remove the head off the supers. And giants are plenty big enough for Leos, you should stay with that size.

-tpau15

10/10/09  11:19pm

Kevin Langley
View Profile

Message To: Tpau15   In reference to Message Id: 2082646

Superworm HELP/myth

well no affence but ik for a fact they wont "borrow out" because if the bite doesnt kill them, it’ll put em in shock. The stomach acid will kill them for sure and they only last about 30 seconds without air. cup some water in your hand and drop a super in. they go into a kind of sezure and flip out and drown in like 15 seconds and dont get one bite in. i just mean, while going in will they bite the mouth and actaully hurt the gecko. thx

11/07/09  05:26pm

Leoman911
View Profile

Message To: Kevin Langley   In reference to Message Id: 2093076

Superworm HELP/myth

I think that’s definately a myth and my leos eat from the head down where the bite usual kills and I fed 1 to my water turtle I put it on the land and it fell in the water and drowned super fast lol the more they flip the faster they drown so they won’t chew out

11/07/09  11:44pm

Suzuki4life
View Profile

Message To: Leoman911   In reference to Message Id: 2093211

Superworm HELP/myth

Reptile digestion is heavily dependent on basking temps they are exposed to.

SO if they do not have the proper temps, the digestion does not take place and in theory the hard exoskeleton of a super worm could allow them to stay alive in the stomach.

11/22/09  02:15pm

Back to Insects-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area