Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Insects-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Insects-Keeping and Breeding Forum

DragonKeeper86   DragonKeeper86   Superwormbreeder  
 Member  Message

DragonKeeper86
View Profile

Superworm growth rate?

I posted this earlier, but for some reason it got deleted... so again: I bought 500 small superworms cause they were cheaper than large ones, but they are REALLY small... I didnt think they would be THAT small lol. Im wondering how long it will take them to get to an adult size. Thank you!

03/13/09  07:38pm

DragonKeeper86
View Profile

Message To: DragonKeeper86   In reference to Message Id: 1968046

Superworm growth rate?

Huh??? I just reloaded the forum like 5 times to get my old post to show up and it wasnt there... and as soon as I reposted it, it came back lol. Sorry about that.

03/13/09  07:39pm

Superwormbreeder
View Profile

Message To: DragonKeeper86   In reference to Message Id: 1968046

Superworm growth rate?

I remember getting some really small ones (like the one you have in the photo). I got that size of superworm twice. The first time It took me about two weeks for them to become about 3 inches. But, The next time I had gotten them at this size, it took me about 4 weeks. I believe, that the second time, I was feeding them less fruit/and water, and I had them in a smaller area, which I think kept them from developing. The first time, I had A LOT of fruit to give them, plenty of water, and a lot of room to move in.

So, if you want them to grow up quicker, I suggest feeding them a lot more. It worked for me, so It would probably work for you too!

Hope I helped,
~Jen

05/22/09  08:29pm

Back to Insects-Keeping and Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area