Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Iguanas Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Awareness13   Dsbushman  

Member  Message

View Profile

Iguana Sleeping In The Bathtub?????

Hello guys, I’m new here and I cant find answers on Italian forums about iguanas. I’m sure you can help me. I don’t know if I have to be worried or not. The situation is this: i had to do some urgent works in the terrarium, the wheater is quite cold so I leave my green iguana (she is 9 yo) in the bathtub. The bathroom is the warmest place I have at home. I know is late for her, she always sleeps at this time but... she fell asleep in the warm water of my bathtub. IS THIS NORMAL? The level of the water is low, the water is warm, the room is warm, she already ate, she has where to climb and everytime I try to put her on her wood log (is this word correct?) she goes in the water. First question: is this possible (she never seems to like water before today)? second question: could I leave her sleeping in the bathtub for the night? I know it sounds weird but im not sure my terrarium will be ready for tonight (the problem is the smell) and i have a dog so i cannot leave her going around the house. I put in the bathtub woods and places where to stay but she is not interested. Sorry for my bad english and thank you for the help. I hope she will not drown during the night lol

02/28/18  11:45am

View Profile

Message To: Awareness13   In reference to Message Id: 2322097

Iguana Sleeping In The Bathtub?????

No you should not let your iguana to sleep in the bathtub all night. The water will cool off after a few hours and then be too cool for your iguana. We let our iGuana stay in the bathtub for up to 30 minutes and sometimes he sleeps in there. But they should not be in the bathtub for more than an hour max .

03/04/18  11:50am

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area