Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Iguanas Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

RonZombi   Reed22   RonZombi   Minya   RonZombi  

Member  Message

RonZombi
View Profile

My Red iguana I have apparently broken...

My red Iguana used to eat fruits and vegetables all the time but once I introduced this dog food that I would feed a green iguana I had for almost 10 yrs and he loved eating almost all fruits n veggies with some of the dog food here and there that someone had suggested to me and he did great for many years but when I gave her, my 2yr old red iguana she now won’t eat fruits or veggies anymore. It sounds mean but I quit putting anything but just the fresh fruits n veggies in her cage for days in a row but she won’t touch it. Suggestions for a stupid thing to have done in the first place?

12/09/17  12:44pm

Reed22
View Profile

Message To: RonZombi   In reference to Message Id: 2321620

dont feed her more dog food. If she is willing to eat dog food but not veggies, she is probably healthy but just enjoying the dog food and is stubborn. I would just continue putting fruit and veg in there til she eats. MAybe put something shes never had in there for her to eat. Marlon goes crazy for bananas

12/13/17  01:18am

RonZombi
View Profile

Message To: Reed22   In reference to Message Id: 2321629

Hey, thanks for the reply! I went almost 3 weeks without giving her the dog food and every day or every other day I would put the usual veggies but would do different types and did just fruits and mixed and so on but she wont eat anything but the stupid dog food. I’ve basically starved her with food. I’ve mixed the dog food into the fruits n veggies and she has no interest unless its just the dog food.

12/13/17  04:18pm

Minya
View Profile

Message To: RonZombi   In reference to Message Id: 2321630

Animal protein is really bad for iggys. Causes organ failure. Try an alternative type of "dog food". Like something seems similar but vegetarian?

12/16/17  02:51pm

RonZombi
View Profile

Message To: Minya   In reference to Message Id: 2321646

I will look into that. The bad thing is I had a green iguana that ate both. Someone told me many yrs ago about this dog food as a supplement and along with all the fruits n veggies that one ate it all with no problems and lived for almost 10yrs...don’t remember now cause this was back in the early 90’s. Anyway there is a lot more info at our fingertips now so I wont make this mistake again but just have to clean up the mess I’m in...Thanks for the response!

12/23/17  12:15pm

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area