Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Picklesyo   Minya   Atomicor  

Member  Message

Picklesyo
View Profile

Sick iguana help

Hello,

I am a long time reptile owner, first time iguana owner. I have a baby red iguana that I have owned for just under six months now. I’m not sure how old he was when I got him.

Last week he seemed fine, very active and still saucy enough to give you a little tail whip when his space was invaded. However I noticed he wasn’t eating as much, and then wasn’t moving. Two days ago I went to take him out and his left arm was basically limp, with very little jerky movement if any at all. He doesn’t even seem to have the energy to get mad at me for handling him so often, as I’ve been putting him in a warm bath twice a day since I noticed this.

I have him in a 55 gallon terrarium, with a 75 watt day&nighg heat lamp, and a 15 watt UV lamp. The heat is on 24/7, with the UV only on during day hours. I use paper as a substrate on the floor, and he is fed a mixture of kale, collard greens, red pepper, carrots, mango, strawberry. The water I have left in the terrarium has calcium drops in it, and I mist the cage twice a day to keep the humidity up.

I am at a loss as to what has happened to my little guy, and I don’t know what else I can do to help him, I love him dearly and do not want anything to happen to him.

I would take him to the vet, but I live on a small island where the vet does not handle speciality animals aside from snakes.
Any help or advice you can give would be so approcated

11/28/17  12:51pm

Minya
View Profile

Message To: Picklesyo   In reference to Message Id: 2321586

Sick iguana help

How is your baby now? Any updates?

12/16/17  02:52pm

Atomicor
View Profile

Message To: Picklesyo   In reference to Message Id: 2321586

Sick iguana help

Honestly it could be a large number of things. If you didn’t cut up god food small enough, if he got a block in his digestive track, sinus infection, you name it. I recommend getting him to a vet ASAP

08/22/18  03:06am

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area