Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Sdellin   Atomicor  

Member  Message

Sdellin
View Profile

Iguana Spikes

Hello All,
I have had my iguana for almost 7 years. He is just about 7 years old. He is healthy and active, eats well and seems to be a normal happy iguana. He gets UVA and UVB lighting, heat, and he goes into his outdoor enclosure for real sunlight when it’s warm enough outside. Below is what I feed him. Just for the record, at his first vet visit his blood test showed he needed more calcium, the follow up blood test showed he was getting too much calcium. So I adjusted his calcium supplement from daily to twice a week. I do try to balance his greens so that he’s getting a good variety of calcium and phosphorous. I will see if I can edit this post from my phone to add a picture.

Daily
Collard greens
Turnip greens
Mustard greens
Dandelion greens
Escarole
Endive (chicory)
Watercress
Arugula (Rocket)

Not every day
Grapes
Banana
Chard
Bok Choy
Parsley
There are other things that are Occasional

The question I have is: Malakai, my boy, his spikes curve over to one side. They are somewhat flat in appearance, but they shed normally. I want to know if this is normal. I have looked at many iguana pics and some spikes lay over and some are straight.

10/26/17  10:38pm

Atomicor
View Profile

Message To: Sdellin   In reference to Message Id: 2321413

Iguana Spikes

That’s actually quite normal for some iguanas. My iguana Lizzie, a lot of their spikes lay over to the side. But she acts completely normal. I think it’s just on genetics and/or how they develop. Have you ever given them supplements?

08/22/18  02:55am

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area