Iguanas Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Eramazetti   Dnbroncos72   Eramazetti   Cphill58  

Member  Message

Eramazetti
View Profile

New baby iguana issues

so i got a new baby iguana from a friend because she couldn’t take care of it.
and i had decided to give the little one a bath, she named it binx
binx is very active in the tub swimming and taking breaks when i pulled her/him out to dry them off i noticed the vent was kind of darken like she/he was in shed or tried to poo, but the whole times shes been at my home she hasn’t (2weeks) i gave a bath in Epsom salts to see if she might be constipated. she eats but very little, she is also very alert and basks alot
also my friend was a first time iguana owner and when i came over to see binx i saw the letice was a little to big.
-----drop box images---
Link
Link
Link
Link
Link
Link

02/13/16  06:09pm

Dnbroncos72
View Profile

Message To: Eramazetti   In reference to Message Id: 2317015

New baby iguana issues

What’s your temps and are what type of uvb and uvb are using? What’s the humidity? Is he eating and what are you feeding him. Mine pooped in the shipping box when I got her then didn’t go for 3 weeks cause of the stress. I would get yours a check up at the vets to rule out worms or impact. Just to be safe. Bath your iggy once a day in warm water untile it goes. Then leave him alone. Put him were he won’t see anything so he feels comfortable.

02/13/16  11:15pm

Eramazetti
View Profile

Message To: Dnbroncos72   In reference to Message Id: 2317017

New baby iguana issues

im using ubv lights 100 and it was most likely due to stress from the move because i woke up and found poop on my keyboard

02/17/16  05:23pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Eramazetti   In reference to Message Id: 2317062

New baby iguana issues

I was surprised to hear you say EPSOM SALTS...I hope it was very diluted....

Epsom salts are magnesium sulphates...in all my years I have never heard of this for impaction... I would personally just use a warm water bath. I did a little reading online and couldn’t find anything horrible about it ...except if they ingest it. I’m glad he finally pooped ...lol even if it was on your keyboard.

I looked at the images / links you posted cute iggys ...I hope you develop a great understanding of these wonderful creatures and do right by them...
I wanted to mention the UVb lamp you are using the 100 compact lamp is quite weak... the 200 might be better but still they have such a small footprint of useable light directly underneath it.... and emit only 15-20 microwatts of UVB @ 12"

Have a look at the Solar Glo MVB lamps for about 30.00 online .... those emit about 60 microwatts @ 12"
Available in 125 watt and 160 watt

lighting

03/07/16  07:22am

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area