Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Iguanas Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Who knows   Takahiro111   Cphill58   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Who knows
View Profile

Is my iguana hibernating or should I be worried?

Recently my iguana has not been moving I check to see if he was still alive. I nudge him little bit and he moves and then my bother notes my iguana’s tail look odd. I took a look and near the base of his tail is a bit swollen but at that same area it looks like his skin is shedding but my bother swears there something wrong.

( my iguana’s never lost his tail before, I have seen image on iguana’s regrow tails look like and I don’t think it’s that )

This morning I was trying to figure out why my iguana wasn’t moving as much as he normally do and I did found something about hibernation and it does say it is a rare occurrence normally and I’m really hoping it’s that and something worse. I’m hoping you guys can provide the sort of answers for these questions my brother and I are having.

(I can’t get a image of his tail on here for some reason)

01/20/16  06:41pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Who knows   In reference to Message Id: 2316640

For photos use photobucket then paste the link here. I have three 5 foot adult males (green,red and blue) and none never went through a brumation period. Although for his tail problem without a picture we can’t see the problem

01/20/16  07:32pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2316641

Tak ...post a pic of your adult blue please

02/11/16  11:12pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2316991

I’m so sorry cphill58 I’m replying so late college has been crazy for me it was literary hell week, but I no longer have the blue a friend of my bf dad retired from the fire department field and wanted a challenged pet so I sold my blue/red with the cages.

02/17/16  04:56pm

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area