Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Iguanas Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Sweeties mom   Sweeties mom   Sweeties mom   Cphill58   Sweeties mom   Cphill58   Makenzie   Sweeties mom   Sweeties mom   Cphill58  

Member  Message

Sweeties mom
View Profile

New member with old iguana

Hello, this is my first post. I have a 19 - 20 year old male iguana named Sweetie that I rescued 17 years ago from neighbors who were not caring for him properly. He had no UV and they fed him iceberg lettuce. He had the beginnings of MBD but with the help of a wonderful reptile vet, I nursed him back to health. Sweetie and I bonded the day we met. It’s with great sadness that his health took a turn for the worse over the weekend and his vet has confirmed he is dying of old age. He is not eating or pooping and his breathing is shallow. It’s just a matter of time and there is nothing they can do for him. He is not in any distress right now and his vet will come to the house if it gets to that. I am truly heartbroken right now. He hasn’t given me a head bob in days. I knew this day would come as he got older but I was hoping he would be here longer. He has the best personality and lives up to his name. I just wanted to share, thank you.

06/23/15  12:39pm

Sweeties mom
View Profile

Message To: Sweeties mom   In reference to Message Id: 2314019

Here is a picture of Sweetie

06/23/15  01:01pm

Sweeties mom
View Profile

Message To: Sweeties mom   In reference to Message Id: 2314020

Sweetie passed away in my arms tonight.

06/25/15  07:24pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Sweeties mom   In reference to Message Id: 2314048

Ohhh My Dear ... I am so sorry to hear this ... Poor sweetie will miss you sooo much.
I hope at this time you can find solace in the memories. The moments that make all this worth it ...the photos and videos.

It is so sad when they leave us. I commend you for a job Very Well Done you have blessed this creature with the care it deserved

I will struggle when our Maxine (10 years old) reaches her time

A grown man cries at the thought

Bless You sweeties Mom... be of good cheer. You may find another when the time is right.

(HUGS)

06/28/15  09:31am

Sweeties mom
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2314062

Thank you, Sweetie was very special. Hubby and dog are grieving too. Maybe someday we will take in another rescue.

I do hope you have Maxine for many years to come.

06/28/15  02:59pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Sweeties mom   In reference to Message Id: 2314067

Im glad you replied ... I am the Hubby here ... and I dont know what I would do. My wife will fall apart.
I hope she ( Maxine) ...lol.... is with us for many more years as well.

I hold you in my thoughts my sincerest condolences

God Bless

06/29/15  03:04pm

Makenzie
View Profile

Message To: Sweeties mom   In reference to Message Id: 2314048

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. But I am so happy that Sweetie was given the opportunity to live a long, happy, and healthy life under your care. I’m sure he passed away a happy iguana.

God bless!

07/10/15  06:05pm

Sweeties mom
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2314085

Thank you. Your Maxine is beautiful :)

We picked up Sweetie’s ashes last week. His vet made a "paw" print in plaster and added a little heart with his name. Something we will cherish.

07/11/15  09:37am

Sweeties mom
View Profile

Message To: Makenzie   In reference to Message Id: 2314207

Thank you, I think he waited for me to come home from work. I’m relieved that he didn’t suffer or die alone. We still miss him so much.

07/11/15  09:41am

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Sweeties mom   In reference to Message Id: 2314212

If this page had a LIKE button I would click it.... the plaster paw print ...how thoughtful !

Thats a wonderful idea

07/13/15  11:35am

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area