Iguanas Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Jj4ij   Cphill58   Jj4ij   Cphill58  

Member  Message

Jj4ij
View Profile

Iguana pooping all over my living room!

I have posted before about my iguana having a broken arm that healed incorrectly. She cannot open or extend her arm from the elbow. I take her out daily for exercise to walk around and use that arm. She walks on her elbow. Anyway, she keeps pooping all over my living room! She doesn’t go in the same place twice so I don’t see how I could train her. I have tried soaking her in a bath for a half hour nothing works. She has never pooped in the tub. She will poop where she sleeps in her tank, or right on her log where she lays. Is there any advise I can get on any way to train her? I am clueless!!! I don’t want her to not be able to get out and roam free, but I cannot have her going to the bathroom all over my living room. It seems like even if I wait until after she goes in her cage, she will still go in my living room!

02/03/15  08:30am

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Jj4ij   In reference to Message Id: 2312153

Place newspaper down in an area that she likes during her roaming...she will eventually pick 1 area... keep trying , keep laying out more paper in the areas she chooses. Like a puppy it takes time.

02/03/15  12:38pm

Jj4ij
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2312158

AARGH..... I know that is what I am going to have to do. I hope I can get her to choose a spot. Yesterday she went twice when she was out for an hour! She is a bugger!!!!!!! Thank you!

02/04/15  05:22am

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Jj4ij   In reference to Message Id: 2312165

Sorry to LOL... but they are cute , nasty things...
Usually Cute will prevail ...sooner than later

02/04/15  08:21pm

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area