Iguanas Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Iggy14   Cphill58   Iggy14  

Member  Message

Iggy14
View Profile

Humidity questions

I own a juvenile iguana. We know we are going to have to build him a bigger cage soon. I already have a hard keeping his humidity up, so for his bigger cage am looking for an inexpensive humidifier or mister. Anyone have any suggestions?

01/21/15  10:18pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Iggy14   In reference to Message Id: 2311987

Humidity questions

I use the Ultrasonic Cool Mist 5100 model by Vicks. It creates a beautiful mist / fog that is visible. It is also a cool mist which wont grow algae / mold or fungus as some warm mist units do. On a summer day cool mist is basically room temp. Warm mist is actually heated by the element of the humidifier.

Dollar for dollar you will get a far better value with a human humidifier compared to a reptile fogger which are prone to burning out in a short period of time. The vicks can be seen on E bay sometimes for less ... and Walgreens actually is a good price. Go to the manufacture site and the price is higher.

VICKS 5100 cool mist

I have tricked mine out with plastic plumbing pipe and some reducers to produce a nice jet stream where Maxine basks on the back of the couch. Adult female iggy at 9 years is a free roamer and weighs 9 lbs.

See the link below from my previous posts

Or use the search feature of the site and search Humidity in the Iguana forum... Cphill58

Humidity for all

Have fun

01/21/15  11:56pm

Iggy14
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2311994

Humidity questions

I’ll definitely look into it thanks!

01/22/15  05:18am

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area