Iguanas Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Spaghetti   Cphill58   Bara102   Cphill58   SakiandArgus  

Member  Message

Spaghetti
View Profile

Help! I need someone to take my iguana

I am not even going to try and sugar coat this. 5 years ago a crazy ex girlfriend thought it would be cute to get me an Iguana out of the blue. I was pissed. I didn’t want an iguana. I tried to take it back to the pet store that she bought it from. They wouldn’t take it. I tried to find rescues for it. No one would even answer my emails or phone calls. I had no choice but to keep it. Now here I am 5 years down the road, and it finally has outgrown it’s enclosure that I custom built for it. I have no space to expand. He is stuffed in the only 3’ x 3’ corner of available space I have in my 1 bedroom home. My place is not iguana safe because it is so cramped, he destroys everything when he out, so I simply just never let it out of it’s enclosure. I feed him a great diet, nothing but collard greens, turnip greens, fresh veggies, squash and fruit for his entire life. He has always been healthy, but he is miserable in his enclosure, as am I of him. I need to find him a new home ASAP. I need someone who has the proper habitat for this iguana. He doesn’t bite or tailwhip, but he does not like to be held. I haven’t had the time to socialize him so he is a skiddish thing. I have once again tried every rescue I could in both my state and all neighboring states, with the only replies being "sorry can’t take him" or no reply at all.

I tried to care for this iguana that was dumped in my lap but I can’t do it anymore. I don’t have the time, money or space for it. It’s a damn dirty shame that the iguana and I ended up together like this, but I’m trying to do the right thing now and find him a better life. Please help!

11/09/14  09:07pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Spaghetti   In reference to Message Id: 2310794

Contact yahoo groups... all the iguana forums on there have rescues and foster homes.
I see you are in Colorado ...what part?

I am in Utah...Salt Lake... about 8 hrs to Fort Collins area. if the I 80 is open

11/23/14  08:10pm

Bara102
View Profile

If I could take him, I would. Unfortunately I have enough on my plate with two iguanas and many other pets. If I were you, I’d surrender it to a local humane society. Use the ASPCA, I’ve volunteered there for years, and they don’t put anything down unless it’s severely injured or incurable. Whatever you do, DO NOT surrender to an animal rescue league (ARL) or a pound, and always check to make sure it’s not a kill shelter. In the mean time, post ads on petfinder and rescueme and hope someone takes him. Good luck!

06/19/16  07:14am

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Bara102   In reference to Message Id: 2318833

you are responding to a thread from 2014

06/27/16  01:02pm

SakiandArgus
View Profile

Where is your location? I am in Batavia, NY please let me know if you still have not found a home for him...

10/16/16  11:04am

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area