Iguanas Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Tempestborn   Tempestborn   ERTHFREND   Tempestborn   CandiceAwesomePants  

Member  Message

Tempestborn
View Profile

My galadriel is gone

my beautiful galadriel blue is dead. she was fine at 3:00. at 6 when i came into my bedroom for the evening, she was laying on the floor in front of elvis’ cage, just... gone. my beautiful, blue girl. i was so glad when she didn’t sell. i didn’t want to sell her, really; i was just desperately broke. god protected me from myself and no one bought her. she’s been living with her cage door open for a couple months now. she goes home to sleep sometimes, and she knows if she wants to eat, she has to go to her cage. she’s been so much more relaxed and happy; almost sorta-kinda friendly.

she’s gone. she was two and a half years old. i was bracing myself for eggs. i am so sad. i talked to susan m. for a long time. thank you, susan.

jesse

10/20/14  06:54pm

Tempestborn
View Profile

Message To: Tempestborn   In reference to Message Id: 2310440

My galadriel is gone

crap. i woke up and everything was normal. got up and let the dogs out. then on the way back to my room i saw the pillowcase on the dryer and remembered. so she’s in the fridge, now. i need to make some calls and see if i can arrange a necropsy. i sure want to know what happened.

jesse

10/21/14  07:15am

ERTHFREND
View Profile

Message To: Tempestborn   In reference to Message Id: 2310440

My galadriel is gone

unfourtunatly the average lifespan of a captive iguana is 2 to 3 years while they live till their twenties in the wild you see in captivity they lack stimulation and give up the will to live

10/25/14  04:50pm

Tempestborn
View Profile

Message To: ERTHFREND   In reference to Message Id: 2310516

My galadriel is gone

that is a huge load of crap. i have i fourteen-year-old green iguana. they live longest in captivity--no predators--easily 15 to 20 years, some breeds even longer.

12/11/14  04:40pm

CandiceAwesomePants
View Profile

Message To: ERTHFREND   In reference to Message Id: 2310516

My galadriel is gone

I am SURE you do not know what you are talking about. Iguanas can live longer in captivity then in the wild. My iguana is 8 and she’s still breathing. I am so sorry about your Galadriel!!! I could not imagine what you are going through! Bless your heart!!

01/26/15  07:06am

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area