Iguanas Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Galeforce   Tempestborn   Lloydene   Really  

Member  Message

Galeforce
View Profile

Just thinking

I want to start this by saying, I DO NOT mean to offend anybody. I was just thinking to myself about the times I have given Ozzy something (or my dog Buddy) that they LOVED, knowing it wasn’t really good for them. I would say to myself " They love it so much and I don’t do it often". So I just thought of "what if". What if it was my son or grandchild and they really loved, well I don’t know some drug. Lets just say crack. Would it be okay just once in a wile? Well HELL NO!!! For me anyway, no more bad treats for my non human babies.
Gale

07/27/12  12:51pm

Tempestborn
View Profile

Message To: Galeforce   In reference to Message Id: 2274705

Just thinking

good for you! i soapbox terribly about my sulcata tortoise, because i don’t consider, "oh, but she really likes them" to be a good excuse the deform her shell and shorten her life. my grown lizards do get treats, but never anything that could be detrimental (i will cheat and allow things that aren’t on the "recommended" list, just never anything on the "don’t" list). the babies are on stricter diets, because they’re still growing.

jesse

07/27/12  01:03pm

Lloydene
View Profile

Message To: Galeforce   In reference to Message Id: 2274705

Just thinking

Good for you!!

07/28/12  04:50pm

Really
View Profile

Message To: Lloydene   In reference to Message Id: 2274819

Just thinking

I think it depends. Yes, if it is something that compares to a drug, then by all means we should avoid letting our babies have it. But, if it is the equivalent of having apple pie a la mode for supper while you are on vacation, that is a whole different story...

07/28/12  10:10pm

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area