Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Iguanas Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Cphill58   Tempestborn   Milan   Makenzie   Cphill58   Tempestborn   Olesen   Cphill58   Olesen  

Member  Message

Cphill58
View Profile

OT**** PETTING ZOO**** OT

We had a very unique experience the other week end when a rodent customer said she was going to bring her grandson to see the reptiles. of course we always open our doors to this type of thing and I said sure we would be ready to show and tell....

Unfortunately he wasn’t able to make it and I never met the young man...but she brought the grand daughter instead ....she has a disability ...she is totally deaf.

She has touched Edel and myself deeply....I invite you to view the photos on PB on this public link. She was fearless and the reptiles all behaved wonderfully. Maxine usually wants to get away quickly ...but in this instance I think she knew that Kaylee was special, and she sat on Kaylee’s lamp for a considerable amount of time....

OMG , she was sooo sweet and so willing to talk to me both visually and signing with interpretation from G’ ma. I was moved to tears at her amazement and awe and was pleasantly surprised that she hugged me real big when she finally had to go. Kaylee will always be welcome here as well as anyone.

KAYLEE

07/14/12  04:56pm

Tempestborn
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2273332

she looks a little worried in a couple of those snake pics. chris, i know that profit is always a good thing, but i hope that you will always open the way to wonder to people, and always free of charge. you just sent a little girl back out into the world with a clear view of what reptiles really are. (maxie looks great!)

jesse

07/14/12  05:16pm

Milan
View Profile

Thats so awesome Chris! You prob just made that little girls whole summer! there needs to be more people like you to advocate reptiles, and more people like Kaylee who are not afraid to understand something alot of people fear for no reason! Way to go Chris!!

07/14/12  10:20pm

Makenzie
View Profile

God placed the hearing impaired on my heart last year while I was substituting at my old high school and I have been taking ASL classes ever since. I am completely fascinated with their entirely different culture. It looks like she has a great time!

07/15/12  09:46am

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Makenzie   In reference to Message Id: 2273386

Jesse ,
she had the cutest expressions ...and even when told to smile it looked like she was straining to do so...even though it looks like "worry" I think it was just a moment where I snapped the picture while not waiting for a perfect pose.

If you ever want to come over Jesse , it’s 5.00 @ the door ....LOL

Yesterday a French Canadian family was walking by the window and a young girl squealed loud enough for me to hear the word "Guana" which was about the only thing I understood as far as French goes. I motioned for them to come closer and picked up Maxine and took her outside so the 4 kids and mom and dad could have a look ...it’s always fun when the kids pet her and investigate everything about her. They wanted to know about the spikes/dewlap/diet ...all those things.

Thanks for looking Milan....and ....Makenzie

07/15/12  12:43pm

Tempestborn
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2273405

that’s fine, as long as you feed me and i can stay for a week.

awesome, that you and maxie and edel get these opportunities and make the most of them.

jesse

07/15/12  02:04pm

Olesen
View Profile

Message To: Tempestborn   In reference to Message Id: 2273415

Chris you and Edel absolutely just made my day - what cute pictures and Maxine looks like she really enjoyed the petting-session lol - and the look on Kaylee’s face when sitting with the big snake is priceless I’m sure if she was nervous she would have asked you to take the snake away lol.

I’m guessing that the skink tried to run away that startled look on Kaylee’s face looks just like my niece’s when one of the beardies tries the same stunt.

07/15/12  02:57pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Olesen   In reference to Message Id: 2273423

Olesen it was so funny... the skink....she picked it up off her lap and it was trying to get some grip on something , the little sharp claws just startled her, as they touched her skin... later she came over to me and demonstrated with her hands (in a claw like position) how the lizard was scratching her. No marks or anything...just the sensation of getting scratched caused that expression....adorable

07/15/12  05:54pm

Olesen
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2273444

Oh lol - kids are great - lol

Cassandra

07/16/12  02:33am

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area