House Geckos Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to House Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Deidrea   Chameleon_man   Deidrea   Chameleon_man   Tokay_23  

Member  Message

Deidrea
View Profile

Question

Does anyone know if anoles and house geckos have similar parasite "loads"? My Dad brought a house gecko back from vacation and put it in my anole tank before we got home one evening. I haven’t been able to remove him yet (he’s in a very difficult spot) and was wondering if the gecko and the anoles are going to give something to each other that may make them sick. I can tear the rock wall out of the tank if they are in immediate danger, but really hate to stress everyone- or possibly injure any of them in the process. I haven’t seen any fighting, as the gecko is nocturnal...they all seem to stay out of each other’s way- so my main concen is disease. I feel like when the gecko adjusts to his new environment and comes out to explore I’ll have a chance to move him....but at the moment it’ll be near impossible. So, does anyone know if they’ll be OK temporarily? Thanks for any info!

02/10/12  08:15am

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: Deidrea   In reference to Message Id: 2254640

Question

i am not sure abou keeping them togeather but if one has a pariste the onther im sure will get it. they also may be stressed out by each other.

02/10/12  12:04pm

Deidrea
View Profile

Message To: Chameleon_man   In reference to Message Id: 2254658

Question

That’s my concern. A parasite that may be harmless to one species, could make the other sick. The stress issue worries me too, it’s hard to tell if they are content or not....they look healthy, eat well and are active- or at least the anoles are doing well. The gecko has been very reclusive since Dad put him in the tank last weekend- kind of hard to tell with him just yet. I am hating to tear the tank apart and upset them...but looks like I am going to have to. Better safe than sorry.

02/10/12  01:32pm

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: Deidrea   In reference to Message Id: 2254675

Question

ya I would say do it for the best.

02/10/12  01:39pm

Tokay_23
View Profile

Message To: Deidrea   In reference to Message Id: 2254640

Question

if u will not take one out to other container well u might wake up losing one pet. they will be fighting each other soon and if the gecko will get frustrated or something that will make him disturbed, it will bite the anoles in no time..

06/16/12  10:07am

Back to House Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area