Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to House Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

House Geckos Forum

John Parker   KrazyKelli   Ron burgundy  
 Member  Message

John Parker
View Profile

House Gecko Hatchling

I found this little guy in the closet in my home. It has been 100+ for almost 2 months straight with no rain here, so I figured that this gecko probably wouldn’t make it in the wild.
I’m not sure how old it is, but it’s about an inch long from head to tail.
I have been feeding it fruit flies and misting the enclosure several times a day for water. There isn’t a whole lot of information out there for these geckos. I know that they are nocturnal, so that means that no UVB lighting is needed. I’m sure that it will need some kind of calcium supplement, which I have, but I have no idea how to get it on the fruit flies before feeding.
Can anyone provide any pointers?

07/30/11  05:24pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: John Parker   In reference to Message Id: 2231081

House Gecko Hatchling

It’s a Mediterranean house gecko. They’re invasive to the lower US, and have the same general care as regular house geckos.

It’ll grow to be a bit bigger. Not anything huge.

To give calcium supplements in an otherwise tough atmosphere, put some into a little cap or sprinkled on some jelly/fruit (apricot and bananas do well). D3 calcium/vitamins twice a week at first, then once a week when you graduate to small crix or 6 months have passed (whichever comes first)

08/19/11  09:27pm

Ron burgundy
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2233386

House Gecko Hatchling

i dont know about mediteranean geckos. but house gecko care is almost identical to anole care, which should be easy to come by

10/25/11  03:54pm

Back to House Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area