Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Horses Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Squirt12   Chameleon_man   CelticTigeress   Maggie_Mae  

Member  Message

Squirt12
View Profile

Starting my first lease

Hey guys,

This is my first time on the horse forum, you might know me from the beardie forum though. I LOVE horses and beardies! I go for horse-riding lessons every week and I’ve been riding for nearly two years :D

There is this new pony at our stables that I might start a lease on. I just wondered if you had any tips for first time leasers:)

The pony is a mare, she’s around 14-15 hands, she’s apparently quite stubborn but has quite a spirited canter :)

03/01/12  01:43am

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: Squirt12   In reference to Message Id: 2257326

Starting my first lease

never give up :-) dont let it brake you.

03/01/12  02:51pm

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: Chameleon_man   In reference to Message Id: 2257379

Starting my first lease

Try the mare out first, nothing worse then leasing a horse you simply can’t get along with. make sure it is compatible for you and the horse not just you and the horses owner.. leases are a great way to ’ave a horse’ without ’having a horse’ ie the true expenses.... however I have been both a leaser and a lessee make sure the contract is solid, make sure you are not being taken for a ride yourself...

03/10/12  12:13pm

Maggie_Mae
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 2258304

Starting my first lease

I’ve never leased before, but I’ve owned 3 and have been riding for 13 years. An important rule to horse shopping is you HAVE to try horses out. If you’re young and this is your first horse, it can be extremely easy to try the first one and say "yes this is the one!". But you have to be realistic in these situations. I tried out about 8 or 9 horses before finding the one I liked. (but all 3 of my horses have a long story). So if you try him out, and don’t feel comfortable or
That he’s right for you, don’t be afraid to say no thank you and look for another one.

07/05/12  09:31pm

Back to Horses Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area