Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Horses Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Horses Forum

JENOVA   May92  
 Member  Message

JENOVA
View Profile

Stifle Ligaments too Long

Sooooo, my mini gelding’s hind legs lock straight out sometimes. He started having trouble backing and pivoting (while driving) so I called the vet out to have a look. Apparrently the ligaments in his stifles are too long so his hind legs "lock readily" as the vet puts it. He suggested a glucosamine and chondroiten supplement.

My question is has anyone found a good one they would recommend? I’ve had Mirage on "Flex Max" by Absorbine. The vet said the high levels of glucosamine and chondroiten sounded good in that one but he had not had experience with it. He said it could take about 3 months to see a difference (I’ve been using it for 2 months so far). I will finish out the container I have (about 2 more months) but I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem or has had any success with certain products?

10/25/11  10:36pm

May92
View Profile

Message To: JENOVA   In reference to Message Id: 2241953

Stifle Ligaments too Long

There are a lot of brands out there. Whatever brand you buy, it should also have MSM in it. The MSM is also good for them and will help. Those 3 ingredients together worked wonders on our elderly geriatric horse.

This tells you a little about the MSM alone.
http://www.msmguide.com/jointpain/improvejointhealth/

Hope I helped.

10/26/11  05:46pm

Back to Horses Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area