Horses Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Horses Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

CelticTigeress   CelticTigeress   AnoleQueeeeen   CelticTigeress  

Member  Message

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Foal watch is OVER! Colt Born Aug 31,2011

So, My Appaloosa Mare Echo decided to follow the Mare’s rules of Etiquette Not only did she wait until I was sick, and my House was in Chaos, and My neice Cheyenne was driving me Bonkers and My Husband was actually overseas on a tail swap (he flies for the Airforce) but lets add the brush fires raging through Oklahoma one flaring up 2 blocks from our house to the mix to have a colt. Echo was Bred to a large athletic Paint due to his disposition and conformation and his ability in the ring. I was hoping for a large athletic correctionally sound colt. Neighbors have been waiting with anticipation (Elaine and her daughter show Hunt seat well ALyssa Hunt seat Elaine Barrels) So after 2 days of waxing and streaming milk 10am Echo foaled a 102 pound Paint colt with ease took her less then 15 minutes to push him out he was standing within 5 minutes of hitting the straw I was there for the whole thing... anyway His name is Inferno he got his first tooth on Wed is rapidly growing and putting on weight...has a great turn on him quick to learn, was imprinted at birth friendly great disposition like I had hoped (given his Mother is one of my favorite trail horses and his Father is a gentle stud that you can actually ride) very laid back thought he might be a liver chestnut HOWEVER he is greying out on the legs and his tail isn’t black it has a shade of black as well as a very light beige.... playing the "guess what color I’m going to be" blue eyes like the Father Week old as of today

09/09/11  04:58pm

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 2236231

Some after he was up standing on wobbly legs his Blaze is m y favorite part of him :-) well I love all of him he is being kept for me which is why I bred Echo, she is my Husband’s mare I bought her for me to ride but she is the perfect trail horse for him with the laid back personality, anyway he was learning his legs these are all day one photos :)

09/09/11  05:06pm

AnoleQueeeeen
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 2236233

The mare is absolubtly gorgeous!! The foal is a cutie! Tomorrow i’m goin to the BREEDERS CUP! I’m so dang excited!!

Maddie

11/03/11  09:20pm

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: AnoleQueeeeen   In reference to Message Id: 2242928

Thanks Maddie, he has grown he is turning either black or liver chestnut (finally shedding the foal coat) He is large, at two months old he was already the size of a weanling he has tripled in weight and VERY muscular, I just had surgery but need to get some photos of him!... he is going to be large... he was draining Mama but alternating between her milk, and formula, and they are on pasture. I am five foot eight and his back comes up past my waist his head is already at shoulder height. Great turn out perfect conformation and since he was imprinted he is doing VERY well with people. Named him Inferno, we had the blazes here and we were evacuating our horses when she went into labor... So Mom and foal are doing great he darkened quite a bit tail will be thick he has a VERY natural curly wave to his tail he has not outgrown! I think he will be excellent as a prospect for Competition when older, But I was pleased with the breeding he has the disposition of both parents :)

11/17/11  04:13pm

Back to Horses Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area