Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Horses Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Horses Forum

Xxxravenxxx   JENOVA   Xxxravenxxx   JENOVA   Xxxravenxxx   Maggie_Mae   Xxxravenxxx  
 Member  Message

Xxxravenxxx
View Profile

Found this forum and wanted to check it out

so i was lookign around and found this forum. i have 2 horses myself. my moms horse, a 4 coming 5 year old palomino filly. her name is dora. and my girl, dumplin a 2 coming 3 year old filly. shes a buckskin.

this is me on dora.

and this is my little dumplin. it was a couple days after i had moved her and the poor girl was tired from being chased for so long. she decided to lay down and take a nap. was out for about an hour. she really trusted me to do that while i had a hold of her.

01/13/11  03:17pm

JENOVA
View Profile

Message To: Xxxravenxxx   In reference to Message Id: 2198112

They’re both beautiful horses!
The little buckskin is adorable, and that’s an awesome picture of the 2 of you :)

01/31/11  11:29pm

Xxxravenxxx
View Profile

Message To: JENOVA   In reference to Message Id: 2202333

thanks. they are actually both related to a horse we had to have put down. dora is a sister to goldie(the one we had put down) and dumplin is i think a cousin or something like that. lol

they are both really sweet girls. i love them both.

02/01/11  05:54pm

JENOVA
View Profile

Message To: Xxxravenxxx   In reference to Message Id: 2202551

They both look great!

It’s an awesome feeling when your horse trusts you enough to lay down and take a nap next to you. My mini lets me walk up and have a seat next to him. Used to be the rest of the herd would get up when I came out and he would stay down. After I went out and hung out there with mine a few times the rest of the little guys stopped getting up too. Kinda funny how that worked. :D

02/05/11  08:20pm

Xxxravenxxx
View Profile

Message To: JENOVA   In reference to Message Id: 2203422

it was an awesome feeling. ive never had a horse lay down like what my little girl did. i love her. shes such a wonderful girl. dora is too. i hope i dont lose my girl tho. my mom keeps saying that if we dont find a place then we will have to sell dumplin. i dont want to have to do that. it sadens me to think of it. i mean, if my mom sold her, its like we never gave her a chance to see what she turns into. shes really filling out now. still small but stocky. shes gonna be like her daddy is. short and stocky.

aww thats cute. i used to have a mini. he was a funny little thing. my grandma got him for the kids but eventually he had to be sold. got him gelded and everything too. i think minis are so cute. specially as babies. they are so small you can hold them in your lap like a puppy. so adorable

02/05/11  10:13pm

Maggie_Mae
View Profile

Message To: Xxxravenxxx   In reference to Message Id: 2198112

You’re buckskin looks alot like the buckskin I owned for years. I have been owning and riding horses all my life (both english and western). Due to money reasons and moving, I recently had to stop showing and I sold both my Buckskin Morgan/QH, Cysco and my Sorrel AQHA, Penny who was actually the hardest to see go.
I moved on to take my reptile hobby further to get my mind off it but honestly my passion for horses is much stronger and will always be with me.
Someday I’m going to get back into showing again... but who knows when that will be.

02/25/11  03:57am

Xxxravenxxx
View Profile

Message To: Maggie_Mae   In reference to Message Id: 2206841

yea. i might end up losing my girl dumplin. its frustrating. ive been with horses for about 6 or 7 years now.

02/25/11  08:44am

Back to Horses Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area