Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Horses Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Horses Forum

Easternlizardgirl   Foxycat   Easternlizardgirl   Foxycat   Easternlizardgirl   Foxycat   Easternlizardgirl   JENOVA   Foxycat   Easternlizardgirl   CelticTigeress   CowgirlPatch   Fairy Frog Mother  
 Member  Message

Easternlizardgirl
View Profile

Horse lover

I’m a horse lover with no horse...and I don’t think I’ll ever be able to get one. But I want to learn all I can about them. How can I easily learn a lot?

06/28/10  09:55am

Foxycat
View Profile

Message To: Easternlizardgirl   In reference to Message Id: 2159126

Horse lover

I dont have my own horse as well but I know alot about horses and I can ride and jump!!!
The thing is I wont be able to becuase of the costs but Im not giving up sooo soon one day
when I have enough money I`ll get my dream horse for now Im just training for show jumping...

06/29/10  03:12am

Easternlizardgirl
View Profile

Message To: Foxycat   In reference to Message Id: 2159340

Horse lover

Well, I can’t even take riding lessons or go to a barn...HELP

06/29/10  08:16pm

Foxycat
View Profile

Message To: Easternlizardgirl   In reference to Message Id: 2159499

Horse lover

Why??

07/01/10  02:25am

Easternlizardgirl
View Profile

Message To: Foxycat   In reference to Message Id: 2159739

Horse lover

Well ,I don’t have the money to...or the place to! Can you help me learn all about them? I want to learn all that i can.

07/02/10  01:28pm

Foxycat
View Profile

Message To: Easternlizardgirl   In reference to Message Id: 2159995

Horse lover

How old are u?Sure I would be delighted to help u as much as I can..

07/03/10  06:39am

Easternlizardgirl
View Profile

Message To: Foxycat   In reference to Message Id: 2160113

Horse lover

07/03/10  10:44am

JENOVA
View Profile

Message To: Easternlizardgirl   In reference to Message Id: 2160135

Horse lover

I didn’t have money at first either. There was an instructor in my area that was willing to allow me to work at her barn in exchange for riding lessons. So I rode and drove there for three years (and I still do) and eventually I saved up enough cash from working at a store to buy myself a horse. My instructor lets me board there in exchange for work also.

maybe you could look for something like that?

07/04/10  04:15am

Foxycat
View Profile

Message To: JENOVA   In reference to Message Id: 2160286

Horse lover

You still young take life as it comes..
You can do anything if u put ur mind to it as
JENOVA did she did the possible that seemed impossible!!

07/04/10  09:31am

Easternlizardgirl
View Profile

Message To: Foxycat   In reference to Message Id: 2160302

Horse lover

Thanks for the advice but it doesn’t sound like something I could do.

07/06/10  11:21am

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: Easternlizardgirl   In reference to Message Id: 2160734

Horse lover

If you want it bad enough you make it happen, like Genova I worked at a hunter barn to pay for lessons...(Granted living on a reservation off comodities dirt broke its hard to afford anything at all!!)I was allowed to muck stalls turn in horses and turn out and got an hour a week lesson, eventually I worked to buy my own horse by mowing lawns and such and saving money started out with a grade mare...and once i was old enough worked on my uncles ranch sorting cattle on horseback...

you want advice to learn??take Jenovas ask around find someone willing to let you work a barn or an individual...I have 11 horses right now not to mention goats and such, I have a few neighborhood children that with parents signed permission come over and help me feed groom and such, and on the weekends their parents meet me at the arena and I offer them riding lessons....the biggest issue is liability people don’t want the responsibility if something happens to you...

until then the library is your best friend though you won’t learn as much as say experiance...try it.... never say it wont happen......because then it never will...if you want it bad enough if you are hell-bent on it you can achieve anything......

07/08/10  12:20am

CowgirlPatch
View Profile

Message To: Easternlizardgirl   In reference to Message Id: 2159995

Horse lover

i love quarter horses and paints and i love western pleasure...i started off doing western when i was little but then i got out of horses and then i finally got back into them and started doing lessons in english but with my horse at home i only used western and i couldnt afford an english saddle and it was to hard to do lessons in an english saddle and just ride around in a western saddle... so i swiched over to western lessons and i loved it! i love western because you and your horse can just be lazy and you dont have to do much...

07/11/10  04:08pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: CowgirlPatch   In reference to Message Id: 2161850

Horse lover

Hon,
When I was your age I read every book in the library, Fact or Fiction, on horses- I was such a fanatic about them. Like you, I had no money and no places I could get to on my own. I did odd jobs- babysitting, mowing lawns, cleaning house for an elderly woman-saved birthday gifts... and FINALLY saved enough for lessons and made friends with a girl from school who went to weekly lessons and leased a horse. Took them for a couple months, then the money was stolen in a house burglary when my parents were getting a divorce. I let that be an excuse not to go further.

If you really love horses- a way will open up for you. Dont be afraid to go for it when it comes. Otherwise you’ll end up trolling forums like me to get your fix! *winks* And, its never too late! Who knows, when I get my bed and breakfast started, Mabey Ill luck out and get a barn with the property and can afford to take in a couple of retired horses who need a place to graze and go for walks and be loved the remainder of their days. Still plenty of possibilities. Once I get a car, I can go to reputable stables and get some more hands on experience first. (Living in San Francisco I havent needed a car ever)

07/21/10  12:54pm

Back to Horses Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area