Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Horses Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Horses Forum

Soon to be vet   Fairy Frog Mother   Soon to be vet   Fairy Frog Mother   Foxycat   Lizard girl 4  
 Member  Message

Soon to be vet
View Profile

My New Pony! :)

Ok so I just purchased a large pony who’s name is Camelot and is 2nd in the country in the large ponies according to usef.org. He is a welsh pony who is 14.2 and is bay with a blaze and has 4 socks/stockings and just turned seven 2 weeks ago. I fell in love the minute I saw him at Devon and when I tried him out I nearly cried I was so in love with him! So now I will be able to show my own horse (or I guess pony :P) in rated shows (I have shown 4 times on my trainer’s small junior hunter in rated shows) because my mom just found a job almost tripling her old salary and my dad already gets paid a lot (though we just had a rough time financially because he got a pay cut and I couldn’t show for awhile and we could barely pay board, but now he is back to his regular salary).

This is what it says in Camelot’s ad:

9th in model, ribboned 5th, 6th, and 8th over fences at Devon!!!!! **2010 DEVON HORSE SHOW QUALIFIER!!!!! Camelot is an incredible, 2003, imported top of the line large pony hunter that is currently competing in the large pony division. As of May 1, he is ranked among the top three in the nation! Camelot has an amazing jump, gets down the lines easily, and has beautiful movement. He already has over 3900 points towards indoors! This pony is sweet, easy and requires no prep at the shows. Camelot ended 2009 6th overall in the Large Green Ponies and Reserve Champion for Zone 4, with limited showing! He always catches the judges attention and has top judges at AA shows comment that Camelot was "their favorite pony of the day." With his blaze and four white stockings, he is a gorgeous pony with a super sweet disposition.

He will be arriving at my boarding farm July 2, 2010!!! I am sooo excited!! Just incase Camelot isn’t what I am looking for he will be on a month trial when he arrives and I will get a full refund. I don’t think I have to worry about that though. :P One of my new friends Sydney Shulman rode him in the pony hunt teams at Devon and she said, in quote "OMG! You should most definitely buy him and then he can be your Camelot Mr. Awesome Bear!!!!! Like he is my Mr. Awesomely Awesome Camelot Beary Bear! He is seriously the sweetest pony you will ever know and he is soo smooth and easy down the lines!" lol!

Well if I do keep him, our first show will be the Auburn Summer Classic III if we are ready. If we are not then it will be the RMI Castleberry (I will definitely go to that one because the showing grounds are only 30 minutes away from my barn).

Well wish me luck! :)

Please no mean comments! :)

Here are some pictures:

This is Sydney Shulman riding Camelot in the pony hunt teams at Devon. Their theme was slumber party!:)

Silly boy! <3

06/14/10  04:37pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Soon to be vet   In reference to Message Id: 2155730

He is beautiful. I hope you both learn alot together. He looks like a fabulous horse, and has a very sweet face. He deserves all the love and respect you can give him.

07/10/10  02:57pm

Soon to be vet
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2161639

Soo I decided to keep him and I think we were made for each other! I seriously have never felt a bond this strong between anyone or anything in my life! One AWFUL thing is, two weeks after Camelot arrived, I was riding another pony in a lesson bareback (first time the the pony had ever been ridden bareback) and the pony bucked for like 2 minutes straight and then I finally fell off onto a rolltop and I broke my ankle! So I have only ridden Camelot like 10 times (before the incident) :/ So to keep Camelot’s show record well, by request of Camelot’s old owners, Camelot is being shown by Aleece Jarman still (she was showing him before I bought him). Unfortunately, at Pony Finals, Camelot refused a jump at the second jump and didn’t place real well, but he got seventh in the model and 16th in the hack! XD I am soo proud of my baby! I am actually getting my cast off next week and then I will be in a splint... The doctor said not to, but I have been riding Camelot (just bareback at the walk though).. shhh don’t tell hahaha

09/12/10  11:38am

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Soon to be vet   In reference to Message Id: 2175101

Heal quickly and thoroughly. Dont push it too much! You will need a good ankle yourself to keep in top form for the eventing. Both you and your horse need to be in top form. And keeping him eventing and being ridden is good for him to keep in training while you heal up fully.

09/13/10  02:13pm

Foxycat
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2175296

His beautifull and good at jumping this pony :)

09/22/10  02:26pm

Lizard girl 4
View Profile

Message To: Foxycat   In reference to Message Id: 2176782

WOW!!! What a GORGEOUS horse!!! I like the slumber party theme! ha ha! What fun! I wouldn’t be surprised if your horse won the horse beauty contest! Good luck at the shows!

07/23/11  09:05pm

Back to Horses Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area