Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Horses Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Horses Forum

CelticTigeress   JENOVA   CelticTigeress   JENOVA   CelticTigeress  
 Member  Message

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Easter Gift

So the Husband surprised me, and today took me to pick up my Easter gift....A QH racebred Filly I am calling Kachina, and a Mini Horse (the first I have EVER had) named Napoleon, Easter was good I got to forgo the baskets!! :-) So I thought I would share Kachina is gorgeous and this little Mini has such a big personality!!!!!!

HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!

04/04/10  07:35pm

JENOVA
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 2138408

Easter Gift

Congratulations! Minis are awesome horses by the way :D

Soooo....are we gonna get some pictures of the new family members?

04/06/10  01:43am

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: JENOVA   In reference to Message Id: 2138738

Easter Gift

as soon as I groom Napoleon?? he is like a little mini-me compared to our draft mane and all XD... I will get some in the next couple of days... I think this little weanling is confused at what her color is going to be so it is a toss up, can play a wonderful game of "guess the filly’s color" she was a little dun had a dorsel stripe but now that lightened up to a bay...then she started to shed out and she looks as if she is going to either be a very dark bay or black.....

04/06/10  12:58pm

JENOVA
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 2138821

Easter Gift

That’s always weird how they change colors so drastically like that. Hope she turns out a nice color for you :)

04/10/10  03:13pm

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: JENOVA   In reference to Message Id: 2139648

Easter Gift

It isn;t the color so much as the personality and build..she is a nice quarter with a great hip and head. She is athletic and built like a little tank...but she is VERY willing, this filly came not even halter broke she had been with her mother untouched, a few days sitting in the stall she has proven to be a woman’s horse..she picked up on halters lead and being touched and follows like a puppy..her and the Mini are in love, but I am getting a mini female on thursday for him she is already in the way of the Mother :-) about 2-3 months bred but a nice red dun...

I am not sure part of me says Kachina will be a dark bay part says she will be black, her Mother was a buckskin her Father was a Gray so who knows :-) she is nice and stout and will be great for barrels

04/12/10  01:11am

Back to Horses Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area