Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Horses Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Horses Forum

CrestieLuvR   CelticTigeress   CrestieLuvR   Fairy Frog Mother   CrestieLuvR   Fairy Frog Mother   Montessa_Python   CrestieLuvR   CelticTigeress   Montessa_Python   Just1more  
 Member  Message

CrestieLuvR
View Profile

I’m going to be in the newspaper!

Me and Misty have an entire article in the San Jose Mercury News!!! Picture and everything

Heres the article

For the record I did not choke up! But it makes it more dramatic, so it’s fine with me.

Its in the paper Saturday. Tell me what you think!

08/21/09  11:09pm

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: CrestieLuvR   In reference to Message Id: 2061759

VERY wonderful article I really enjoyed reading it. and truthfully it makes me smile to know a 13 year old has love for a rescue horse.. in todays society when you have a horse with a ’disability’ such as a bad eye or leg, they are so quick to be tossed aside. I loved the article and you two look so happy together! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing

08/22/09  12:38pm

CrestieLuvR
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 2061909

Well I am so lucky to have her. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO well bred and athletic. If I had seen her if she was in the prime of her life and well taken care of, she would be the type of horse I would dream about having. Well over 30,000 dollars. We can tell she was bred, and I am dying to meet her children.

If any horse should be bred, its Misty.

Some people put alot of thought into that horse!!!

08/22/09  04:12pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: CrestieLuvR   In reference to Message Id: 2061977

That horse clearly really cares for you as much as you care for her.
Looks like you’ll have to go to "Harvard on the Hill"(foothill college) to get your General Ed out of the way if she’s still around in 4 years. ( which hopefully she will be, and more sound than ever!)

They do have some pretty fantastic Pre-Vet courses too, or did when I was there.

08/23/09  10:26am

CrestieLuvR
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2062277

Yeah. I’ve been planning to get my associates at foothill. But I’m still not quite sure what I want to do.

I mean, I know that I want to work with horses, I just am not sure how.

Honestly, what fascinates me the most is the horses LEG. They are to thin but they hold up this massive body AND they can even hold a rider. I love how precise they are. With some horses, each movement is thought about and planned exactly each footfall. I love how its so perfectly designed, with the tiny bones, tendons, and the tiniest twist or tweak can throw everything off. I LOVE it!!!!!

But what job works with horse legs?

I could be a vet who specializes in legs and lameness. But vet school is expensive!

And my family has like 0 money rite now.

But that can all change.

Plus, I hate school! School and me just don’t work. But I’m assuming that college is better. But you know what happens when you assume!

So I’m just working on now, with Misty. I’m thinking I’ll just figure that all out when the time comes.

08/23/09  12:59pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: CrestieLuvR   In reference to Message Id: 2062350

I liked college MUUUUUCH better than school, but to get the grants and scholorships ya gotta get good grades in your classes. I went to Los Altos High myself. Went though a program called "The Learning Community" where we got to study things we were interested in, and share with the class. It was hands on learning and fantastic. Not sure if the program exists anymore...and the councilers thought of it as the class for "Drop out" kids. They tried to talk me out of it and I and two other A students insisted on taking it. They couldnt say no. hah!

And yes, you could go into vetrinary medicine and specialize in podiatric and leg ailments. Might be able to save many horses from being put down even. Davis is the place for that.

My family didnt have money for me for college either and Im still payin back my student loans. Where theres a will, theres a way. Get the grades up (even if school is boring) and perhaps excercise peoples horses for them as a job on weekends, start saving now... and if you dont use it for school, you can use it on your horse. *grins* But remember, better education means a chance at better job which in turn will make it so you have more money for your horses in the future. (Or be able to combine all of your loves and help run a barn!)

Thats the great thing about being young as you are. You dont have to decide yet!

08/24/09  03:16pm

Montessa_Python
View Profile

Message To: CrestieLuvR   In reference to Message Id: 2061759

Congrats, congrats!!
I used to live in Mt. View...!!
I am soo happy for you!!

Carol

08/25/09  09:18pm

CrestieLuvR
View Profile

Message To: Montessa_Python   In reference to Message Id: 2063481

So many SF bay area people!

And asap I’m going to get a job at Blue Horse. I could work there next month with a workers license, but I’m going to wait and see if I can take on a job as well as school and a horse.

It’s gunna be a busy year ;)

08/26/09  03:32pm

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: CrestieLuvR   In reference to Message Id: 2063795

While I respect and admire your "Go get em attitude" take it from me, School first doll, make sure no matter what you do it does NOT affect your school... Not nagging Just you remind me a lot of me when I was younger I kept trying to do more and more... you tire out and burn out easily.... School should be your job then everything else come second! Remember All work and no play makes Crestie a dull girl

08/26/09  05:27pm

Montessa_Python
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 2063860

And make sure you are healthy when you go to school!!!
I decided to go when I had a broken leg.. my unemployment and disability ran out so it was work, or starve and go to school...
I went back to work, with a broken leg...
Now I soooo regret it.

carol

08/27/09  09:52pm

Just1more
View Profile

Message To: Montessa_Python   In reference to Message Id: 2064424

You and Misty look great together. It was a wonderful article. If you do decide to become some sort of equine vet, maybe you could come here and find jobs.lol We have nnoooooo vets around here but 3 and this is Amish country. Thank God, I have one that is wonderful, but he’s not taking any new clients. That’s all we hear around here with the vets.
Anyway, I wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide your doing. Just finish school and make something fantastic of yourself.

08/29/09  03:57pm

Back to Horses Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area