Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Horses Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Horses Forum

Lex123   Montessa_Python   JENOVA   CelticTigeress  
 Member  Message

Lex123
View Profile

Haflinger?

Are Haflingers good begginer horses? I know they are calm, but I just wanted someone elses opinion. Also, Is $750 a good price for a 10 year old Haflinger mare? She is broken and does not wear shoes, just has her feet trimmed. She is beautiful! A darker Palomino with bleach blond mane and tail.

08/08/09  06:57pm

Montessa_Python
View Profile

Message To: Lex123   In reference to Message Id: 2053245

Haflinger?

Halfies can be great horses, if a little lazy and stubborn as with most pony types.
I have a friend who has quite a few and uses them for riding lessons, and farm work with vintage equipment.
They are wonderful!!

Carol

08/08/09  09:15pm

JENOVA
View Profile

Message To: Montessa_Python   In reference to Message Id: 2053312

Haflinger?

My advice is to get a vet check on the horse. Make sure she’s completely healthy.

In this economy $750 isn’t all that suspicious anymore but better to be safe than sorry.

08/09/09  12:00am

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: JENOVA   In reference to Message Id: 2053415

Haflinger?

They both have points. I dont care much for ponies, I have seen some good ponies, the first horse I rode for Hunt seat in shows was Blue, he was a haflinger cross... a good pony... But I have a friend who has a pony cross mare who is STUBBORN. I prefer QH for beginner horses... Carol raised some valid points.

Jenova as well raised some valid points a vet check, my point is RIDE the horse YOURSELF and take an EXPERIANCED friend with you to ride as well, Donna my friend with the pony mare, did not THEY rode the horse, THEY being the seller and twilight did great....but for Donna and her daughter the horse is practically useless, she ended up getting Her daughter a 13yo paint gelding who was taken off the ranch and was a great horse...riding and vet checks are crucial, while in the market 750 is not unheard of, still it is best to have the horse checked and ridden before you make an error..

08/09/09  06:18pm

Back to Horses Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area