Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Horses Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Horses Forum

Montessa_Python   Fairy Frog Mother   Montessa_Python   Fairy Frog Mother   Montessa_Python   Fairy Frog Mother  
 Member  Message

Montessa_Python
View Profile

Horse places in San Fran area

I used to board horses at the end of the bay, down by San Jose, its not THAT far, if you take the amtrak or BART down there, then take a bus near to places like it.
Or if you go across to Oakland area, the hills are great places to find horses.
Just saying.
Carol

08/01/09  08:27pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Montessa_Python   In reference to Message Id: 2049300

If I didnt have a full time job I might have the time to do it... Amtrack doesnt run to San Francisco. You are talking 2-3 hours each direction down to San Jose by public transport, and sadly the busses dont go out by the barns and only run once an hour. You really need a car. There’s TONS of places if I had a car that I could get to easily within 45 minutes. Heck, Id go work for Garred in the Cupertino Hills, because I KNOW they take care of their horses! Im 43, with bursitus in one knee. So not in condition for a five mile hike anymore. Now...when I was 16...thats how I got to lessons. Ha!

I wish they would refurbish the barn in golden gate park! I could bike to that easy enough from my house, or the bus does go walking distance to there. Ahh well.

08/03/09  03:37pm

Montessa_Python
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2050189

Fairy,
I am 39, 4 dislocations in one shoulder, a broken leg, broken foot 2x on the left, current right has a green break...concussion, broken hand, broken nose (with a helmet), bursitis just below left and inside of left knee.
Smashed right knee, and impact tear in my right inner thigh from a horse I had down in that area...

I rode a bike the short distance from the bus to the barn. I am not sure of the name of the BART like train that runs on the west side(sanfran, Mountain view, sunnyvale side of the bay).
I used to be in the navy at Moffet field.
Don’t let age or injury prevent you from a dream.
Just saying...
Oh and even with the break in my foot I went riding yesterday and going to a show next weekend.

Carol

08/03/09  10:32pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Montessa_Python   In reference to Message Id: 2050451

*grins* Cal Train.
And you are the last person I can make excuses with! Ha.
Good calling me on it. You’re right, I could do that. Right now I have put my time and efforts into proper husbandry for my snakes and volunteering at the Academy of Sciences, and working Dickens faire over the Holidays. I have a small side busness making Victorian Day Caps too now for that.
I let my dream get filled by other short term goals.

08/04/09  03:50pm

Montessa_Python
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2050852

No problem!!
I did the Renn faire for a few years and lived in Berkeley and San Leandro for a while doing that.

08/05/09  07:47am

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Montessa_Python   In reference to Message Id: 2051277

I miss black point. *sigh* I worked at Innyard Games from 96 til the faire closed. We still do the Pirate fest in Vallejo fathers day weekend. Its a blast.

I miss simple things like the Joust arena being a duck pond in spring. Or the way a chorus of frogs would sit in the Innyard Garden at morning notes, not at all scared of the 100 volunteers we had listenening, and the old oak that was by the pass between our yard and the back of the stage, which had a face in its trunk that looked just a bit inebriated...to whom the morris dancers would always stop and give a small libation to, keeping it grinning. It really was a place of dreams.

08/05/09  03:37pm

Back to Horses Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area