Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Horses Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Horses Forum

Wizzoot   Montessa_Python   JENOVA   Fairy Frog Mother   Montessa_Python   Fairy Frog Mother  
 Member  Message

Wizzoot
View Profile

A horse board!!!

I just realized there was a horse forum. Ive been visiting the frog board all this time! Anyways, to introduce myself here. My name is Amanda and I take lessons/lease a 9 year old gelding named Rio. Ive been riding all my life but got serious about it a few years ago and found my current instructor. I have not participated in any shows but I enjoy arena jumping and going through my instructors 120 acre cross country course :) Hopefully when I get graduated from school I can own a horse of my own.

Please excuse my ugly mug!

Myself and Rio

My brother and his horse Tinsel

07/26/09  10:24pm

Montessa_Python
View Profile

Message To: Wizzoot   In reference to Message Id: 2045891

A horse board!!!

Welcome!! Welcome!! Welcome!
Please don’t worry about how you look or your horse!!
Mine is always looking goofy and I am overweight. And older LOL
But we have done dressage, costume parades, and now barrel racing...
Not bad for a 39 year old and a saddlebred cross!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
If you want to share something fun, need help, want to vent..
We are here for ya!!
Carol

07/26/09  10:56pm

JENOVA
View Profile

Message To: Wizzoot   In reference to Message Id: 2045891

A horse board!!!

Hi Amanda! I’m Jenova.

And this is my good buddy Mirage:

Welcome to the horses forum! :D

07/28/09  01:07am

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: JENOVA   In reference to Message Id: 2046457

A horse board!!!

Hi there. Im just youre friendly neighborhood horse forum Troll. *grins*
They havent kicked me out of here yet, and I dont own a horse, but would if life circumstances were such that I could care for one or a few, properly.

Ive loved horses since I can remember. So...I get my fix here, as I dont have a car...and found myself looking at all the horses on the farm section on Craigs list and dreaming....there was this one Gypsy/Drum horse cross...*drool*

Someday...

07/30/09  03:17pm

Montessa_Python
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2048085

A horse board!!!

Hey Fairy. Welcome!!!
I got too many.. I should give ya one of mine.. if you were experienced and all that.
You could go take lessons, or help out in 4H, or a horse rescue or volunteer at a theraputic riding center.
Just some thoughts!!
Carol

07/30/09  10:27pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Montessa_Python   In reference to Message Id: 2048389

A horse board!!!

well, Im smack dab on the west side of San Francisco with no car. Sadly, none of those opportunities exist right now...but yeah...someday Ill have my bed and breakfast, and hopefully there will be a decent to high quality rental barn nearby. ( the only one I know of thats halfway decent is in the Cupertino Hills. They actually have a small herd for their rental string which has the run of a 3 acre paddock, and all come trotting in in the morning to get washed, groomed, fed and loved before being rented out. They screen riders pretty carefully and watch them before allowing anyone out on the trails. Only place I ever rented that you could scritch your horse on the neck and have your nails be clean still, not be caked with dust. You have to wait for them to be bridled and saddled as they dont let the horses sit with saddles on half the day like most places. And though I had a mare I rode there once do a tiny side hop then settle quickly ("AHHH! ... Oh...birds...Ok Dum de dum" as a flock of birds emerged from a bush next to us, their horses are far far far from barn sour. Never had one try to take off back to the barn with me as I had other places. The workers there actually tried to match the personality of each horse with the personality of each renter. And, they did refuse some people if they were too cocky. Loved that barn. Went up there a lot, because my best friend leased a 6 year old quarter horse there.

08/01/09  05:44pm

Back to Horses Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area