Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Horses Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Horses Forum

CelticTigeress   Montessa_Python   CelticTigeress   Montessa_Python   CelticTigeress   XCOWGURLX   Montessa_Python   CelticTigeress   CelticTigeress   Montessa_Python   CelticTigeress   CelticTigeress   Fairy Frog Mother  
 Member  Message

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Sorry I haven’t been on

please bear with me, I am typing this from my phone haha :-p
3 weeks ago I had a horse rear up and fall down on me. the only saving grace was I have enough experiance to realize what was occuring and avoid the saddlehorn. when he started I placed my hand on the back of his neck to stave off the first then he reared again and fell back. he got up lost footing and went back a second time.... they caufht him and got him out but not without serious damage..my right arm humourous and wrist is broke..5 ribs left leg with torn ligs and cartlidge that might require surgery...ugh I hope nit...and my back. I’m in a wheelchair but am trying to walk and it figures while I’m down my goats start kidding 2 had twins one had 4 one had 1 I have 3more due tho! and have dr clearance so they wheel me out ti my goats (all 23 of them) and horses daily to spend time. I watched 2 born today but don’t feel bad.. my husband has to run the farm and clean and is far more appreciative of me :-) anyway hope to be on a lot more but have to use my phone because I can’t quite lay in bed yet, I’m stuck in a recliner... bored outta my mind! btw I didn’t cry but I did cuss when I felt my arm snap

06/11/09  12:15am

Montessa_Python
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 2020087

OMG!!!

WOWOWWOW CT..
Holy smeg.. wowo. I am so glad you are okay.
I was in a cast up to my hip with a broken leg for 3-4 months. It sucked.
Please keep us informed with your progress.
AND we will keep you in our thoughts and I am sending healing prayers!!
and training thoughts to the horse.
Carol

06/11/09  11:17am

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: Montessa_Python   In reference to Message Id: 2020282

OMG!!!

thanks carol

honestly I think the worst part is the ribs. I sneezed the other day and thought I was dying! they haven’t casted me yet pending the mri to determine the full extent of damage I go next wed I think. once they know if there is surgery than they will cast but given the issue with the ligs and cartlidge and the severe break of the humorous the doc is pretty certain.

the horse was one I was breaking for someone. he wad a bucker I redolved that..rearing was his last attempt I rode it out till he came straight back..this lil cowgirl is out for a year at least *sigh* it took you 4 months in a cast? gah I’m muserable in my soft splints but at least I can scratch...yanno ima request pink casts harhar.

06/11/09  05:53pm

Montessa_Python
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 2020523

OMG!!!

That is not the worst of it, I was in an outpatient clinic with a teaching hospital in California.
the interns/residents didn’t read the dates on my x-rays so they were never sure which x-ray was for which date. till I pointed it out... over and over...
I got the wrong cast several times, they took it off too soon and put me in a walking cast, then back into a normal one...
And then after 7 months a 4th yr resident tells me, they will probably have to rebreak it...
They should have pinned it in the first place.
I walked away cause my Unemployment disability had run out, and I needed to get a job. I still had my walking cast.
I eventually cut my cast off, and put on the walking cast. It took me 2 yrs to be able to jog/jump up and down.
I know you are in a far better area!!
Carol

06/11/09  10:56pm

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: Montessa_Python   In reference to Message Id: 2020682

OMG!!!

omgs what a bunch of morons! I swear I think mine is out for the money its xrays this and come back that. I asked my husband to try snd get me in w/flight medicine on base, I really can’t dtand civilian doctors and now w/ your horror story heh maybe I will try to get seen by someone else.

my hubby wants to move me into the bed this weekend hopefully but it’ll be 3 weeks tomarrow w/no cast because of th dr’s lack of getting me the mri. might I ask what you did for self physical therapy? I refuse to go to another pt.... but my vud games are officially boring......thank goodness for drugs, despite other things but today I got to hold the newborn kids heh

thanks for chatting w/me carol, this helps with some of the frustration

06/11/09  11:38pm

XCOWGURLX
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 2020705

OMG!!!

Oh my God!
well I’m glad your okay, and I hope you get out of all that soon. My friend just had rodeo moment a couple days ago too. Anyway Hope you get better way soon!!!

06/12/09  09:25am

Montessa_Python
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 2020087

Sorry I haven’t been on

I am jealous you get to hold and play w/ baby goats.
I surely hope you can get on base, they are sooo much better. I am surprised you haven’t gone before... I thought a spouse of a military person could use the military hospital.
YOu need to go to the urgent care with the hubby and get that MRI!!
As long as you don’t go to a hospital that is affliated with a teaching university that does a lot of doctors. YOu shouldn’t have the problem I had.
I didn’t really PT myself.. it just took time. I walked, and did normal things and stretching.
Hope this helps..
Keep us informed!
Carol

06/13/09  08:29pm

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: Montessa_Python   In reference to Message Id: 2021793

Sorry I haven’t been on

since my husband is a pilot, I have to go to flight medicine which means jumping through hoops. the biggest issue is my actual doc has to put a referral through to tricare so they will pay. I wish it was as simple as just going *sigh* I plan to talk to my doc for the referral....

as for the goats they have been therapy.i have a doe in labor now but its first stages so she’s isolated...if you want to come visit you can play with all the goats you want :-) thanks guys, I plan to complain on mon I can’t handle bones moving anymore..but my hubby loves me he’s getting me a hand pump for milking my goats so I can still make soaps and cheese...but the pump is a one handed so I can go back to milking.....we had twins born a few hours ago :) soooooo cute I just watched to make sure no help was needed

06/13/09  09:04pm

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 2021806

Sorry I haven’t been on

ugh when it rains it pours. dr was impressed said my femur and humorous was healing amazingly quick and had remarkable bone growth. said the fracture in my back was healing. then said the mri confirmed torn ligaments and acl. he is waiting till my arm heals more. has my knee braced, said ill be going under the knife in a month..and I’m still stuck in a wheelchair ugh.. good news? I go on vacation for 2weeks dr’s orders to rest before I rrsume more appts and discuss surgery. heh well next time I hurt my leg I need to make sure I don’t hurt my arm haha

06/24/09  02:10pm

Montessa_Python
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 2028093

Sorry I haven’t been on

OH dear you poor thing.. OWOWOWOWOWOW
did I mention OW...
I am ponying a 7 yr old mare tomorrow, w/ her owner, after some ground work and lunging w/ her on the horse...
We are taking my saddlebred cross and KY mtn horse and are going to do some barrel racing/pole bending. for giggles...
Keep us informed!!
Carol

06/24/09  09:58pm

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: Montessa_Python   In reference to Message Id: 2028333

Sorry I haven’t been on

carol
I so want to see photos! you will have a blast with barrels and poles. aside from pony express those are two of my fav events to ride in! if I could ride atm ugh my horses are getting lazy.

I’m looking forward to the vacation. husband is spoiling me since next fri is my birthday. he is taking me for a pedicure to have my hair done and clothes shopping at sheplers which is my fav western store we always get 25per off plus 10per military discount. they have a killer sale to boot..hello belts boots and dresses heh.
his commander may not be deploying him in sept because of the surgeey but I want my hubby0to go

when your riding ride a lil extra for me!

06/26/09  11:13am

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 2029242

Sorry I haven’t been on

I HATE Dr visits. Let me annunciate on the quack I went to see....he never set the bone in my arm and had me in a fracture brace, so the bones never set, then this HUGE calcium ring started to form aroun the humorous. Anyway he said that was what he wanted to see, THEN changed his mind on surgery on the knee AND rediagnosed my knee four times

I got a second opinion, the Dr reads my MRI scan and sees all the torn crap in my knee not to mention the break... SO I have to undergo surgery....for the knee, THEN retakes xrays of my arm.... he is going to have to spend 12hrs fixing me to prevent permanant damage he has to make an incision from elbow to shoulder, chisle the calcium growth move the radial nerve reset the arm and then suture and cast.... he was disgusted with how my arm looked the bones are side by side to the point my right arm is 3inches shorter then my left and I am in constant pain, my bones aren’t healing the calcium is just increasing in mass and deforming my arm... had the first Dr done what he was supposed to...I would be healed or close to it, Im down for more months as is I have a nurse 1time a week at the house and pT at the house 2 times a week plus Dr appt BECAUSE they are trying to get me well (the other Dr wanted me UP on my leg mind you it IS broken and I have torn my ACL MCL PCL and cartlidge in the knee....)

so it will be an all day event some time in a hospital room and I might not be on for awhile *Sighs*And before anyone asks YES I will be suing the Dr that screwed me up

07/28/09  09:10pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 2046964

Sorry I haven’t been on

OW OW Im soooo sorry youre having to go through all of this!
Thank goodness you found a better doc! Ill keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you heal well through all of this, and that your horse continues to eat while you do, and that the goats and kids an all will be fine. It sounds like you have a good source of support out there. *Keeps fingers crossed*

07/30/09  03:13pm

Back to Horses Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area