Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Horses Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Horses Forum

Mali girl   X_xbirdie   Mali girl   Halebop   Lakota   Jess57   Montessa_Python   Mojojojo   TluvsREPS   Montessa_Python   TluvsREPS   Fairy Frog Mother   TluvsREPS   TluvsREPS   CelticTigeress   TluvsREPS   CelticTigeress   TluvsREPS   Fairy Frog Mother  
 Member  Message

Mali girl
View Profile

Horse Dead

This relates to all of my farm animals but just today my miniture horse died, I have no idea what he died from but I will miss him so much. Also over the past couple of weeks my emu died, a young goat died, and all 5 of the rest of our ducks died. Does anyone know what is happening, could there be a sickness going around our farm?

03/17/08  05:41pm

X_xbirdie
View Profile

Message To: Mali girl   In reference to Message Id: 1664806

Horse Dead

I would get a vet to a necropsy on the mini, the duck, and anything else that dies.

Usually illnesses down go interspeices, so this is a big thing. How is their care size of pens, food type, etc?

03/18/08  05:57am

Mali girl
View Profile

Message To: X_xbirdie   In reference to Message Id: 1665558

Horse Dead

All of our animals have a huge place to roam around and the ducks have free range of our land (5 acres) and a barn. All of the animals can get into the barn when ever they want, our animals eat sweet feed, hay, duck feed and llama food.

My dad buried the mini and all of the other animals.

03/20/08  03:10pm

Halebop
View Profile

Message To: Mali girl   In reference to Message Id: 1668749

Horse Dead

Have you had a vet out recently? You said a mini, some birds, and a goat died. With the exception of the goat, it might be WNV (West Nile Virus). Last I was aware, it didn’t effect goats, but I know it effects horses and birds, so that might be the problem. I would get a vet out asap, and it would have been a good idea to get a necropsy on the mini as well as the birds, but they’re buried now, so that’s not an option unless you want to dig them up

03/20/08  04:23pm

Lakota
View Profile

Message To: Halebop   In reference to Message Id: 1668813

Horse Dead

their was a horse that we gave a wnv shot and she got the whv and we did not give her it one year and she did not get it agen

03/24/08  10:56pm

Jess57
View Profile

Message To: Halebop   In reference to Message Id: 1668813

Horse Dead

goats can get WNV, almost any animal can one way or the other something going around and effecting your animals

03/15/09  08:18pm

Montessa_Python
View Profile

Message To: Jess57   In reference to Message Id: 1969040

Horse Dead

You need to have your grain/sweet feed checked ASAP.
The feed mill can sometimes NOT clean out their mixers, and you could have gotten a medicine that is fine for cattle but can kill other animals.
STOP feeding what you have, get new unrelated (different brand) of feed and new hay..
Have your animals checked NOW by a vet.
PLEASE.

03/16/09  10:11am

Mojojojo
View Profile

Message To: Montessa_Python   In reference to Message Id: 1969292

Horse Dead

Also you should check your water supply, and check there is no access to chemicals or any kind of poisons, rat poison ect.

03/18/09  04:47pm

TluvsREPS
View Profile

Message To: Mali girl   In reference to Message Id: 1664806

Horse Dead

check your food supply very carefully hay,alfalfa,granis everything that is feed to the animals, at a bording place a long time ago a rat had died in the hay barn so the hay was contaminated, killing several horses and other animals on the farm.

06/25/09  08:06pm

Montessa_Python
View Profile

Message To: TluvsREPS   In reference to Message Id: 2028943

Horse Dead

PLease check dates before posting, this post was over a year old...
Thanks

06/26/09  01:52pm

TluvsREPS
View Profile

Message To: Montessa_Python   In reference to Message Id: 2029317

Horse Dead

whatever i just wont post anything again since people are such snobs

06/26/09  09:20pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: TluvsREPS   In reference to Message Id: 2029525

Horse Dead

*Just stares* What was snobbish in pointing out the dates? * shakes head and wanders back to Boa forum, muttering about people eating too many bowls of crankio’s these days*

06/29/09  11:23am

TluvsREPS
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2030917

Horse Dead

lol u wouldnt kno.

06/29/09  01:17pm

TluvsREPS
View Profile

Message To: TluvsREPS   In reference to Message Id: 2030971

Horse Dead

wat does she care if i posted something later...does it disrupt her in any sort of way....????

06/29/09  01:18pm

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: TluvsREPS   In reference to Message Id: 2030973

Horse Dead

This forum is ued for help Carol is far from a "snob" and your snippy lil comment was uncalled for. the reason we keep OLDER posts down at the bottom is to keep newer ones at the top and avoid less frustration... also when you try to help on this forum you will get one of three responses 1)the person will be greatful (this is rare) @) the person does not like the advice and will get snippy or 3) same person does not like said advice and does not respond and/or they argue.

Again Calling people snobs is wrong, we are all here to help we all enjoy interaction, but the older posts are kept at the bottom for a reason in case someone new joins it helps to avoid confusion. you will find that after ALL that advice the original poster never came back, so we let the topic die... we offered advice it was up to them to take it or leave it, they didn’t update so its dead... THATS why we care

We by no means were trying to run you off, Carol means well she is one of the more knowledgeable individuals on here, but if your so thin skined that a polite comment caused you to ’blow up’ and ’insult’ then you are in for a rude awakening in the real world, I would say you acted ’childish’ but will not insinuate your age as we have several youths on here that do not act their age but are very knowledgeable and mature and wonderful, so I wont say you "acted like a (Blank) year old" blank being an inserted age.

you could have ASKED Carol aka Montessa her reasoning behind the request and telling you to read the post date, not threaten to hop off here and never post again because we are all apparantly "snobbish" if IF you want to be taken on this forum as a serious member than A)try and add constructive helpful information and B) if you do not like a response think of a more "Adult way" to respond or ask... keep any insults to PMs try and help where it is join in topic conversations.. but if you want to get snippy or insulting than maybe this forum is not for you...

the only person in the wrong was you, next time if your uncertain try and ask not insult..

06/29/09  04:43pm

TluvsREPS
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 2031092

Horse Dead

ok thank you for the speech. If u really think that was me "blowing up" u have no idea. All i was doing was trying to help NOT REALIZING this is an old post and all i got back was "please check post dates before posting this is over a year old"..... yes made me feel great about trying to help out or give advice SO I APPOLIGIZE FOR INSULTING ANYBODY! thank you and have a wonderful day.

PS, does anyone here have a TB??

06/29/09  10:16pm

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: TluvsREPS   In reference to Message Id: 2031275

Horse Dead

hon it was not a speech I was offering thourough explaination. since you questioned why it mattered I wanted to make sure YOU and EVERYONE ELSE that may pull this post up understands why thats all relax

she was not sure if you knew or not she gave you the stanbdard reply to check the dates.. Carol is a good Woman...but enough you apologized everything is grist and gravy you know for the future welcome to the horse forum!

as for TBs a lot have TBs or Appendix QH, but you will find that the forum is not waaaay active so if noone answers immediately dont worry they get around to it

06/29/09  10:38pm

TluvsREPS
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 2031287

Horse Dead

im sure she is, i have nothing against her what so ever this was just a misunderstanding that went beyond overboard and thank you, yes im new to this please bear with me

06/30/09  05:05pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: TluvsREPS   In reference to Message Id: 2031667

Horse Dead

Yeah, Im trolling the horse forums again. Glad it all got worked out. Theres been a lot of good advice here and Im learning alot.

Ive loved horses since I was able to walk- Took english lessons for a while as a kid, but have never owned one I wont until I have the means to care for it properly, preferably on my own property. (Ive seen waaaay too many nightmares from friends who have boarded or leased- from being fed mouldy hay to barbed wire being left in the pasture cutting into legs)

Good luck and hope everyone heals up so you can get out and ride before winter comes.

07/01/09  11:09am

Back to Horses Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area