Horned Lizards Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Horned Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Weewee68   Weewee68   WFReptileRescue  

Member  Message

Weewee68
View Profile

Help I need some information please

Hi I had my horny toad lizard for almost 2 years, he just passed away a couple days ago, he had everything he needed, I had him in a 10 gallon tank with ubv light that was 10.0 that stayed on all day, and his heat lamp that was on at nite(cause my daughters room was cold) 60 watt, and I had a small water dish in there for him to drink from and he used to get into it too, his temp NEVER got below 70 at nite and he got to about 100 degrees during the day, He loved mini mealworms and of course I bought him the harvester ants(I had to order them online) and then just one day he just stopped eating and after NOT eating for 5 days he passed away he never seembed to be in any distress, was just sleeping all the time! Does anyone know what could of happened to put my mind at ease? Thanks all.......

08/20/12  09:25am

Weewee68
View Profile

Message To: Weewee68   In reference to Message Id: 2277337

If anyone could give me some kind of infor that I may have missed would be GREAT~

08/23/12  12:13pm

WFReptileRescue
View Profile

Message To: Weewee68   In reference to Message Id: 2277631

He didn’t have everything he needed. I definitely see A LOT of things wrong here, starting with your terrarium size, and your lighting. A 10 gallon setup is highly objectionable, and mealworms are bad news for impactions in horned lizards if you don’t know exactly what you are doing with them. Most people don’t.

10/24/12  12:57am

Back to Horned Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area