Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Horned Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Horned Lizards Forum

SlightlyInsane   Bigjayjon   THE COBRA  
 Member  Message

SlightlyInsane
View Profile

New Horned Lizards. Help identifying?

Im about to get these guys from a friend, and I was curious to see what kind of horned lizard they are? :) I new to these guys so any advice would be much appreciated

05/21/10  10:34pm

Bigjayjon
View Profile

Message To: SlightlyInsane   In reference to Message Id: 2149583

Those look like Texas horned lizards. As far as caring for them, a hot desert or semi-desert envirnment in your tank is ideal for these lizards. Food however is difficult to obtain since these lizards eat mainly ants. I would talk with a herp expert that has these and ask about them particularly about they’re diet.

06/14/10  11:27am

THE COBRA
View Profile

Message To: Bigjayjon   In reference to Message Id: 2155641

Feed harvester ants you know those big red ants just fined an red ant nest and collect some the amount they eat will determined how healthy they are an adult HL can eat up to 300 ants a day my advise to you is worry about keeping them alive before you try to figure out exactly witch kind of HL YOU have i only say this because they are among the hardest to keep alive..... SAND HEAT LAMP florescent uv light 10.0 for desert species..... if you could tell me were they were found i could probably help you identify them ....good luck

06/15/10  08:40pm

Back to Horned Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area